FedEx Poolie Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
twiceskunkeddog said:
Just curious, but does anyone know if there is room in the summer schedule for additional Boeing FO classes? Or room in the existing ones to velcro on some new hires?

Thanks in advance...

TSD

I don't know. I think that with all of those unfilled vacancies on the last bid, it would be hard not to have a class soon with 727 FEs or FOs. We can only hope and wait.

sandman2122 said:
I too have heard the company was looking to fill all of the ANC MD-11 slots with prior heavy jet, long haul international, glass experience poolies.....Hard to imagine the company really needs to "hand pick" guys from the pool. These poolies are trainable regardless if they've flown "over the pond". It's a lot easier than some people think....good luck

I agree with sandman. What's the big deal? Is the MD-11 really that difficult? It's just another airplane. Pay attention in class and study. I guess we just have to wait and see who gets "picked" to go to the big, scary MD-11.

I have always heard that the 727 training was the big pain in the butt!?!?

See you in MEM!

Last edited:
Navy, I came to the same conclusion. My interview class was four military and two RJ. Kind of makes me wonder where the "Heavy Glass" experience is coming from.

I'm currently a C-17 instructor with 2200+ hours of heavy, glass, international experience. I interviewed 5 Jan and I'm not one of the 20 who've been called for class so far. I figured with my recent experience combined with an early interview date I'd be in the first wave. None of the C-17 guys in the pool I know have been called either. They must have a lot of dudes with military KC-10, civ DC-10, or glass time in the pool.

I got a call this week and was offered F/O MD11 ANC or Airbus Subic for June 5th. Confirmed everything Weds. with KD (I took ANC MD11 F/O) and got my official congratulations letter this morning with details for class.

I intervied early March, all of my flying was civilian glass which included J-41, D328Jet, and A319/320 time.

If I hear any more info/news I'll let you know.

See you all on property :)

fartknocker said:
I don't know. I think that with all of those unfilled vacancies on the last bid, it would be hard not to have a class soon with 727 FEs or FOs. We can only hope and wait.

I must be a day late and a dollar short... Were there unfilled vacancies on the 727 FO/SO side on last year's bid? I think it was 05-3 or are you talking about the MOAB?

Thanks,

TSD

Thanks, I'm back on track now... I didn't realize there were that many unfilled FO vacancies.

TSD

I know a guy who interviewed middle of March who was offered recently Subic Airbus or ANC MD11 both on June 5. He currently flies the 747-400 and he took the ANC MD11 class

Navy,
I feel your frustration, brother...

I have been told that the ANC MD-11 slots will be filled by those with Heavy, International, and Current or Furloughed Major pilots. I am also one of those that interviewed early January. And although all of my flight time comes from flying 'glass' airliners, they are "small jets" and I don't fit the minimums determined by the bean-counters.

As far as the training goes, I think it would be easier to train us glass-babies on an aircraft that has very similar systems to those that we fly now. (I personally haven't flown anything with a steam gauge since my primary training days.) But, alas the decision has already been made. I was told not to expect anything until August or September when they start new hire 727 classes. So antique airplanes, and carrying the 'jug of shame', Here I come!!

I know, it sux... Somebody interviews this week who is a furloughed or current major airline pilot will probably get a class before those of us who interviewed in January. But, I've come to realize that I just don't possess the intelligence level high enough to see the big picture.

If I were you, I'd put the phone down and start making plans for the summer. It's only 68 people, then we're in.

PN,

Are you at liberty to reveal who told you not to expect anything until August or September?

And do you think they'll run concurrent classes of MD11 and Boeing for the new hires?

Thanks,

TSD

Latest resources

Back