FedEx Poolie Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flynines said:
I was told that 17ish (maybe 18) folks would be in the class. Hope y'all get called soon! Need crashpad roomies ;)

Are all of these 17-18 people in the 19 Jun MD-11 class "new hires" out of the pool...or are they mixing in some current pilots who are upgrading too?

Any idea on how many more MD-11 new hire classes and/or the # of new hires to go to the MD-11 this summer?

Originally on this message board, it appeared the general consensus was a "total need" of about 68 new hires in the MD-11 to Anchorage with classes starting every 2-3 weeks.

How far in advance have people been getting called to reaccomplish their drug tests and update their physicals, before getting the actual call offering a class date?

It appears the class date notifications are happening about 2-3 wks prior to the class start date...true??

Mahalo

flynines said:
I was told that 17ish (maybe 18) folks would be in the class. Hope y'all get called soon! Need crashpad roomies ;)

Flynines, congrats on the class date. I would love to be there with you. I have heavy, glass, and international time but have not received any calls yet. I think total time is a factor as well. Good luck and thanks for sharing the info.

DLax85 said:
Are all of these 17-18 people in the 19 Jun MD-11 class "new hires" out of the pool...or are they mixing in some current pilots who are upgrading too?
Can't help you with much else, but all of these folks in the NEW classes are new-hires out of the pool. Guys who are already on the property and got the Mad Dog to ANC have already gotten their class dates via the training letter.

Those dates, for the most part, seem to be later in the year (ie after all the newbies fill the projected shortage).

For anyone who cares, had a M&G with and MD-11 ACP for a bud of mine. One of the last ones being conducted until further notice. Next group of M&Gers to meet an interview board will be around October. Interviews to follow in Nov-Dec for Jan-Feb hires.

Of course, lots of things could change that. If a new contract is signed soon (he gave me a date many of the ACPs believe will happen, but I ain't gonna spread that...it's pretty soon, but I'll believe it when I see it), they are expecting a mass exodus of pilots to retirement, so that could change things. Mentioned possibility of a clean up bid in october. Again, all of that could change tomorrow. In fact, it probably already has changed.

MAGNUM!! said:
If a new contract is signed soon...

Winchester, you have been around long enough to know that the only things that move fast around here are the packages! Just look at how many false starts we got on the MOAB. It would be great news if the company could report of a signed contract before the stockholders at the annual meeting on 25 Sep but I am not holding my breath.

Would a newhire be eligible for the new contract "signing bonus" if they are on property right before a new CBA is signed?

Actually, what we are after is retro pay and not a signing bonus. There are differences. With that being the case, I imagine someone who just got on property would get very little retro pay as retro pay is determined on lost wages since the expiration date of the last contract.

MAGNUM!! said:
If a new contract is signed soon (he gave me a date many of the ACPs believe will happen, but I ain't gonna spread that...it's pretty soon, but I'll believe it when I see it), they are expecting a mass exodus of pilots to retirement, so that could change things.

OK, perhaps a dumb question from a "poolie" --- why would a new contract cause a "mass exodus of pilots to retirement"?

Will there be some new incentive to retire early?

Are early pilot retirements somehow beneficial to the company?

Mahalo

DLax85 said:
OK, perhaps a dumb question from a "poolie" --- why would a new contract cause a "mass exodus of pilots to retirement"?

Will there be some new incentive to retire early?

Are early pilot retirements somehow beneficial to the company?

Mahalo

I think they are meaning all the older than 60 guys that are wrenching would leave. If they are on property when the new contract is signed they would reap in the new retirement package. So could make a big difference in retirement income for those guys. That would be my guess. Any better answers?

Latest resources

Back