FedEx Poolie Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DLax85 said:
OK, perhaps a dumb question from a "poolie" --- why would a new contract cause a "mass exodus of pilots to retirement"?

Will there be some new incentive to retire early?

Are early pilot retirements somehow beneficial to the company?

Mahalo

He (ACP) said he knows alot of guys in the 58-60 age range that would retire under a new contract, assuming better retiree health care. Our pension maxes out at 25 years, so if some of the Tiger dudes that have clocked that time but haven't reached 60, they just might be ready to hang it up.

A buddy of mine interviewed last week. He was told that aside from the folks being selected for MD-11 FO, if they passed the interview, class dates might be as late as Jan/Feb next year...

Well worth the wait IMHO.

Balut said:
A buddy of mine interviewed last week. He was told that aside from the folks being selected for MD-11 FO, if they passed the interview, class dates might be as late as Jan/Feb next year...

Well worth the wait IMHO.

ACP at the M&G also said possibility of classes of 70 for Jul/Aug, but he wondered aloud how the training dept could handle that many. Didn't say what seats/aircraft.

MAGNUM!! said:
He (ACP) said he knows alot of guys in the 58-60 age range that would retire under a new contract, assuming better retiree health care. Our pension maxes out at 25 years, so if some of the Tiger dudes that have clocked that time but haven't reached 60, they just might be ready to hang it up.

No Tiger guy reaches the 25 year mark until 2014. 1989+25yrs:(

LaidOffAgain said:
I think they are meaning all the older than 60 guys that are wrenching would leave. If they are on property when the new contract is signed they would reap in the new retirement package. So could make a big difference in retirement income for those guys. That would be my guess. Any better answers?

There is nothing on the table that would increase retirement one cent.

Anybody else get a call for the Jun 19th class date or is it full already? I guess 12 started Monday and suppose to be 10 every 2 weeks. Any more calls to update the drug test? Patience...............

A friend in the nugget MD11 class that started yesterday was told that there would continue to be MD11 ANC classes throughout the summer and that Boeing classes should start in late July. Who knows???

A retroactive pay increase would significantly increase the final 5 year average for everybody. That would mean a higher retirement value. That may be why the old dudes are waiting to see what happens.

Maybe they just aren't ready to retire yet. Who knows.

Nothing is factual yet, only opinions.

FJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back