FedEx Poolie Calls, Third Thread...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cujo,

Do you know how many total guys have been selected for MD-11 class dates from the pool?

Daytonaflyer said:
Wow, a higher SSN is better? That's a first I've heard of that. I guess that would be good for me.
I still think a random drawing is the most fair. That way everybody has an equal chance of the best seniority number regardless of age, TT, SSN, etc. I don't think anybody could successfully argue that is unfair.
I didn't realize that the last four numbers of Social Security Numbers were actually based on something. I know the first three numbers are based on where you got your number, but I didn't realize that the last four were not random.

A'che - Congrats man. Im so Junior Varsity. You left a Babe Ruth in the pool. Ill get that for ya. Get me a T-shirt from the ABC. Holla.

Scate

A'che: See you in MEM on 14 Aug. KD called me right as we were breaking for lunch in recurrent class yesterday. I couldn't even eat!
Congratulations!

Malter1 said:
Cujo,

Do you know how many total guys have been selected for MD-11 class dates from the pool?

No I don't...Just that 3 of the 6 from my interview group (9-10 Feb) have been called for MD class w/ 3 staring at the phone...Class is in just over a week...I'm on a road trip from Vegas to MEM to see old friends and enjoy the last few days before the "fire hose."

Cheers!

Daytonaflyer said:
Man, I am so sick of hearing about companies that use your SSN to determine your class seniority. That just isn't fair to guys like me with a high SSN. We get screwed at half the companies we work for. Why can't they all just make it random, like drawing numbers from a hat or something? At least that would be completely unbiased.

Oh crap, you mean life isn't always fair?

Thats it, I'm taking my ball and going home.

FJ

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if there is now a 14AUG MD-11 class, then have the 727 classes been pushed back a bit later?

Looks like they will completely fill the ANC slots, then go to the 727 slots to avoid the issue that took place with the 31JUL class. (The 31JUL class was was changed to only MD-11 because of the 727/MD NH preference issue.)

What does that do to the trng calendar that was posted earlier?

When is the first 727 class going to start? Looks like calls early/mid Aug for late Aug/early Sept class?

Thanks!

navyflyer said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if there is now a 14AUG MD-11 class, then have the 727 classes been pushed back a bit later?

Looks like they will completely fill the ANC slots, then go to the 727 slots to avoid the issue that took place with the 31JUL class. (The 31JUL class was was changed to only MD-11 because of the 727/MD NH preference issue.)

What does that do to the trng calendar that was posted earlier?

When is the first 727 class going to start? Looks like calls early/mid Aug for late Aug/early Sept class?

Thanks!

This probably explains why the -11 classes were pushed two weeks.

WorldOnTime - exactly what I was thinking. Soooo, things just slid a few weeks to the right.

Latest resources

Back