Fedex Plane Down In Japan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right, everyone?

I'd say that everyone who thinks that you're an idiot is right. Wasn't Manners 101 part of the curriculum at the puppy farm you got your ratings at?

I think we have been concentrating too much on the flying characteristics of the MD-11, they don't get any more nimble and a more benign flying platform than the 76 and all this weekend the winds have just been hauling here in TYO, landing in Haneda a couple of days ago It was like I was having a wrestling match with with the controls and the thrust levers. Wind sheer and cross wind is challenging in any A/C and the best way to honor these pilot's legacy is by learning from this, the lessons apply to any A/C from the RJ to the a-380

PS: How about if we stop disrespecting each other

If I wanted to say that, I would have. That FedEx has suffered a disproportionate number of approach accidents resulting in hull losses is a fact. It's not my opinion, not my speculation, just a cold, hard fact.

Why that is so, I don't know, nor claim to know, but if this doesn't look like some kind of a systemic failure, I don't know what does.

Bulldozing me, because I don't have quite enough hours won't change that.
How dare you question a real fact when it involves mainline pilots. You're just RJ scum and nothing more.
Had this been another Regional crew, the mainline guys would be offering their jabs and that would be just fine....as they did in the Colgan thread.
Double Standard.

If I wanted to say that, I would have. That FedEx has suffered a disproportionate number of approach accidents resulting in hull losses is a fact. It's not my opinion, not my speculation, just a cold, hard fact.

Why that is so, I don't know, nor claim to know, but if this doesn't look like some kind of a systemic failure, I don't know what does.

Bulldozing me, because I don't have quite enough hours won't change that.

God forbid you actually ask why, and feel sorry for the crew and their families at the same time. Shame on you for wanting to educate yourself.

It's not time for that yet... And you didn't use the right words either.... I guess I missed manners 101 too...

You guys are really missing the point.

I have no clue why people get mad about posting what you did. Trying to figure out what the hell is wrong here is pretty important, especially if its a recurring thing with this plane. Speculation on what happened is also important to talk about, and talk about it NOW.

Looks like that left main gear just collapsed the second it hit on that final touchdown. That left wing dropped in the blink of an eye.

Crazy!!!

Are you going to solve it on a message board thread Mr. NTSB Investigator?

If you're defending this jerk's timing, you have zero clue about what is and is not important. There is a time and place for educated speculation and learning from an accident. Guess what genius? That time is not while awaiting word of the crew's survival.

Beavis and Butthead, both of you can mentally masturbate each other somewhere else.

Are you going to solve it on a message board thread Mr. NTSB Investigator?

If you're defending this jerk's timing, you have zero clue about what is and is not important. There is a time and place for educated speculation and learning from an accident. Guess what genius? That time is not while awaiting word of the crew's survival.

Beavis and Butthead, both of you can mentally masturbate each other somewhere else.
Get bent.
No one is knocking the crew. People have a short term memory when major guys were bashing the Colgan crew. All of the sudden when someone at your level has a bad day, no one is allowed to speak of it.
The guy asked an honestly good question. It's a fact that FedEx has balled up more than their share on approach/landings.

God speed- the bell tolls for all of us.

We had a good stretch-- now it's real again the responsibility we all take on. USAir. Colgan. Butte, MT, and FedEx. I'll quote again an old FO of mine- "what we do isn't really all that important" as i was explaining that he was worth more than $19 an hour- while he explained to me that his engineer and doctor friends have much harder jobs.
I'll leave the politics of every profession being under attack by corporate america business major pricks who make double in a year what we will in a 30 year career- and just ask we all remember and value what we do.
What we do is THIS serious. And we face that every day. We get over ourselves b/c we fly with a lot of very talented and proficient pilots everyday- but what we do is special, it's productive, and it's a hell of a responsibility.

Godspeed all of us- my thoughts and prayers are with FedEx.

Funny how everyone can say something but has anyone flown the Md-11 on here, I would like to hear what they have to say. I have heard it was a great plane to fly after the software update and a nice one to land. god bless them both.

It's a handful in a crosswind. I'm glad to be in a 767 these days.

Latest resources

Back