FedEX, Pilots mediated talks proceed...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Fox,.
As usual you have nothing positive to say. As has been asked before, What are your suggestions? What vehicle do you propose we use? Maybe your just waiting on Fred to be a nice guy?

I know I'm wasting my time even typing this but what the h888.

Past...

A cold bottle of water for any of the guys/gals loading the jet and the ramp agent go along way too. Especially in the summer

THAT explains why I'm seeing sooo much water on the floor by the cooler = WHICH results in the water finding it's way down into the E&E compartment = WHICH results in our cooling fans and various essential el. buses shorting out........bam!

No more water. ;)

Last edited:
needapayraise said:
Why is FedEx ALPA's opener so lame on pay? It's an opener for god's sake!

Because it's not our opener. Our openers were 18 months ago. We've come off of our openers as we "NEGOTIATE IN GOOD FAITH", something that I believe the NMB decided IPA was not doing. That's why they sent you back to your room for a "time out".

-FR8

FedEx1 said:
Yeah, that wasn't quite what I was saying. It isn't that I "care" so much what other groups think of us pilots. It isn't like a junior high popularity contest.

It is important to have good working relationships amoung all workers, and it is important for them to have the real facts about us. I think it is attitudes that blow off the other groups, don't acknowledge their hard work and contributions, and don't try to understand their situation that are a detriment for all of us. (Not saying that is you though KL.)

I know it is hard to try smile and all when you are dealing with people that might have a chip on their shoulder. But trying to have a good relationship will only make my job better. Even if it means sometimes I have to try to turn a bad situation around, or be the bigger person. No, I shouldn't "have to", but it seems to work. Heck, I brought my extra Halloween candy to work, and gave it out to the guys loading the plane. Little something like that made the night a little better for all of us.

Just because we are paid more, or them less, or whatever, doesn't mean they don't deserve respect, acknowledgement, and a comfortable working environment, too. We can't do the work without them, either. I see them as our support, our resource, and the ones that enable us to do what we do.
Your intentions are admirable, but you will always be the "man" that shows up in your own personal crew bus, freshly pressed white shirt, and sits in the warm, dry cockpit while they load the plane in the cold, harsh outdoors. Do you think it's an accident that the company has us picked up in stretch limos right next to the employee busses at the IND hub?
Yes, I am always nice and congenial to the ramp workers (as opposed to what my FlightInfo.com persona would imply), but I don't discuss anything other than the current issue at hand and definately avoid working conditions and pay.

You honestly think that the company picks us up in those stretch limos in IND to rub it in the other employee's faces?

It can't be said enough times,

NO DRAFT, NO AVA, NO VACATION BUYBACK

It may not get us the contract this year, but it should speed up the process.

How come everyone (except thankfully the FedEx pilots) think this contract is about money. It isn't. It is about preventing China pilots from flying cargo from China to Nashville (like some other company). It is about knowing when you need it, you have the means to address any health issue that involves your family. That when you retire you aren't going to have to get a job at Walmart to make ends meet. Everytime contract issues arise on this forum it immediately goes to hourly rates. It we get the work rules and duty rigs we are looking for, our "hourly wages" will increase indirectly. A 20% pay raise is not worth selling out on scope.

Amen, Zog. This is one FDX groundpounder who hopes for nothing but the best for the FDX pilot group. See y'all in the AOC in about ten years.

NightFlyer said:
You honestly think that the company picks us up in those stretch limos in IND to rub it in the other employee's faces?
Absolutely. Positively.

Latest resources

Back