• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Opens CASS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MD11 Direct from MEM. I think that one goes to SYD but I don't know for sure, not an 11 driver. Probably something from the Left Coast also.

JethroF15 said:
Effective 1 April crewmembers of other airlines will be allowed to jumpseat on
FedEx aircraft within the United States as part of the Cockpit
Access Security System (CASS) program. This is a reciprocal program where
FedEx crewmembers will be allowed to jumpseat on other participating carriers.

Wait, If I was to believe this I would be considered quite the fool. An APRIL fool, as it were...

fr8doggie said:
Wait, If I was to believe this I would be considered quite the fool. An APRIL fool, as it were...

Was at the FedEx ALPA meeting during the hub turn last night. Dave Webb was asked about the email that went to all the ramp agents (ref above email). He said that he had read it but that the company had not made any contact with the Union concerning CASS starting April 1st. He also addressed the requirement for the digital picture. He said that, as far as he knew, UPS, American, Alaska, and Gemini, were already on line with the photo and that United was working to turn it on very soon. He did talk about how JL had told him that a pilot from a non-photo CASS airline could get his photo into the FedEx system one time and then be "good to jumpseat" from that point on. I'll wait to give the details as he stated it had to be ironed out. For what it's worth.

JethroF15 said:
Was at the FedEx ALPA meeting during the hub turn last night. Dave Webb was asked about the email that went to all the ramp agents (ref above email). He said that he had read it but that the company had not made any contact with the Union concerning CASS starting April 1st. He also addressed the requirement for the digital picture. He said that, as far as he knew, UPS, American, Alaska, and Gemini, were already on line with the photo and that United was working to turn it on very soon. He did talk about how JL had told him that a pilot from a non-photo CASS airline could get his photo into the FedEx system one time and then be "good to jumpseat" from that point on. I'll wait to give the details as he stated it had to be ironed out. For what it's worth.

Jethro-

Well, it will be great if management follows through. Hopefully, they will allow cockpit j/s riders, not just in the back. Either way it will be very good to be able to offer rides to OAL pilots.

Regards,
fr8

Latest resources

Back