• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx MOAB is out (pathetic)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay who had 24 widebody captains on 31 March for the pool?

Any guesses as to any MD11 FO slots coming in the same timeframe (May/June) from the newhire classes?

It does look like they can't figure out the big one, so they have to do this to keep the pipeline moving.

Yep - my guess is that this is a stop-gap measure to keep the schoolhouse going while they figure out the big one.

Training dates in April and May from this bid, which will probably have newhires filling up the FO slots.

specific bid to fill a specific need...

I'm sure MOAB is just around the corner :rolleyes:

{cynicism added for your enjoyment}

The training letter has no more MD-11 captains on it after 1 May and they are light in April as well. Looks like, as said above, they are filling the specific need and taking more time on the MOAB. I doubt that there will be any significant number of new hires associated with this bid schedule, since there are plenty of F/Os still training from Bid 5-03.

They'd better do something soon though, they're running short of people just about everywhere and it'll take 3 months from getting the phone call for a class until that dude is on the line.

I also wonder if this mini-captain bid is also being used to force all the senior guys to adjust the standing bids for fear of being bid down to S/O, thus helping the company figure out where folks are actually going to bid.

. . .never mind the man behind the curtain (wizard of oz). So much for management integrity at FedEx!

If you are junior or a pooly -- no worries! After all the guys see this, I'll bet the number of sicks, no draft, no vacation sell backs and no advanced volunteer's jump dramatically! They will be so short of pilots they won't know what to do.

Last edited:
Uhhhhhhhhhh, Bevis.....this post is for next Monday.........Uhhhhhhh like you will have to be there, like THIS MON. It's for two dudes! We're gonna score! These guys would screw up a one car funeral!

Not flamebait here, but for the last year I've been able to drop trips on the 727 F/O seat without too many troubles. Open time vanishes quickly. I am NOT a manning guru, but we seem fat there. Are you guys on other seats having trouble dropping trips or R days? Is there a legitimate reason to hire in a large load of folks right now? We all want to move up seniority ASAP--but the bean counters ultimately call a lot of these shots.

The MOAB may still be around the corner, or it may be stalled until there is a more pressing need. Then again--management may enjoy yanking our chain too. I have no idea when or if we will have a large bid.

To you poolies--hang tough. I suspect you'll get on the property soon, but have a back up plan in case this is part of negotiations give and take...

You guys that are taking this stuff personally are killing me. The only people that should have a beef are the guys in the pool, and most of them seem smart enough to keep their moaning to a minimum.

If the company gets short and stuff doesn't move because they took so long with this MOAB thang, so be it.

I still think the theory that the whole "MOAB" was just a management negotiation tactic is looking fairly prophetic now.

When it happens, it happens, don't let such things get under your blanket and make ya itchy.

Latest resources

Back