• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx MOAB is out (pathetic)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know in MEM MD-11 you can't drop reserve days, or trips and sometimes get trades disapproved do to the same reason. Not enough reserves!

Albie,
It's been the same in the S/O seat for months, but it looks like things are changing. This month had a ton of open time left over as compared to past months. In addition, all the VTO guys got a schedule full of trips, whereas in the past many of the junior VTO guys were assigned all RA lines.

It looks to me like we might be getting thin in the back of the 72. There are plenty of folks still waiting to start class from the last bid, and many more of us waiting to upgrade on the MOAB(Mother Of All Bids), so the F/O seats have a steady supply of guys. It's us plumbers that the company can't make from within. Nobody is upgrading to our seat, except the herpes(over 60) folks. They've got to start hiring guys to keep the back manned at a decent level(according to the night manager at the Holiday Inn Express).

Or maybe they're just stalling while they train all the replacement Krebleckistani pilots to do our jobs for 50 cents on the dollar.

We'll just wait and see...perhaps it is just a sham.

Last edited:
capt_zman said:
24 mem md11 capts only, no secondaries. Somebody please explain what this is all about.

Z-

pathetic...wow!...24 new widebody captains and we are complaining...most of these airlines don't even have widebodies anymore let alone about 400 hundred or so...take what u can get...that is 24 new guys going to be making over 200k a year...there will be another one soon..let the guys running the airline do just that...they are doing a fine job...relax...it's Fedex!

I've put in 8 requests so far since last night - "insufficient reserves" every time (MD11 right seat MEM).

thats sucks..i put in 3 requests this morning and got all of them..nice 38 hr layovers on the west coast...keep at it!!!

I also wonder if this mini-captain bid is also being used to force all the senior guys to adjust the standing bids for fear of being bid down to S/O, thus helping the company figure out where folks are actually going to bid.
ding ding ding, we have a winner. Good point. It will happen eventually just like the contract. The retro just keeps adding up. $$$$

Purpledog said:
ding ding ding, we have a winner. Good point. It will happen eventually just like the contract. The retro just keeps adding up. $$$$

What if no one bid on this one? That would send a message.

Last edited:
First, let me make a disclaimer: I am NOT complaining about being in the pool.

What affect do you think this bid will have on us poolies? Will it accelerate the time before we go into training or will it delay it further? I don't quite understand how this thing is supposed to work. I imagine it's uncharted territory in terms of the pool / MOAB relationship.

Pathetic was probably a poor term to use, but taken in context it was suppose to mean a letdown from the original WB captain numbers that were rumored (27 vs. ~250).

As far as I'm concerned, you're absolutely right.

Latest resources

Back