FEDEX meet and greet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airmasn

any one heard any rumors at all about when the M & G's might begin again? pretty frustrating that every time there was a sign up for the M & G's, my sponsor could never get through.

I brought a buddy in for a Meet and Greet at the end of May and was told by the ACP that there wouldn't be any until next year. Sorry for the bad news.

I heard at least December. Come join my sponsor in elbowing and fighting your way in line next round haha. I'm supplying a tranq gun.

They've really gone off the deep-end with this meet-n-greet business.
Not to mention the # of sponsers you're (unofficially) required to have these days.
I work at an airline that does not have a "gravy-train" to FedEx....
I've pretty much given up on them (even though I've spoken to their sympathetic (KD) recruiters at, oh, say a dozen job fairs over the last 5 years.
Good luck to the rest of you.

Z

I have a good friend that lives across the street who flies MD-11's for FedEx. He hasn't once asked me what my total time is hehe. Sometimes its what you dont say... :)

This too will pass....

There was a time, not too long ago, when flying for FedEx, UPS, Airborne, etc. was almost akin to "settling for second best". This of course was in the latter half of the 90s when UAL, AA, DAL, NWA and everyone else was hiring like gangbusters. Now, for the time being, the shoe's on the other foot, and it makes me laugh considering that it seems to take an act of Congress or Heavenly intervention to get these guys to look at you.

This will change in the coming years. UAL is blazing through recalls, USAirways will be hiring in the coming 2 years, and just like in the late 90s, the cycle will swing the other way. It's been this way for the last 50 years, it will happen again soon.

When all the qualified regional captains, military jocks, and second-tier freight dogs have been picked through, companies like FedEx will again be "recruiting" instead of apologizing to pilots wanting to work there. Just be patient, when China explodes and the freight haulers build fortress hubs in Guanghau and Hong Kong, your knowing how to order Moo Goo Gai Pan will place you on the top of their "call for interview" pile.

Cheers,
T2S

Z_Pilot said:
They've really gone off the deep-end with this meet-n-greet business.
Not to mention the # of sponsers you're (unofficially) required to have these days.
I work at an airline that does not have a "gravy-train" to FedEx....
I've pretty much given up on them (even though I've spoken to their sympathetic (KD) recruiters at, oh, say a dozen job fairs over the last 5 years.
Good luck to the rest of you.

Z

FedEx is a virtual closed shop. They hire over 90% ex/current military with a few token civilians.

active_herk said:
Can you please site the source for your statistcs?
In fact can you supply statistics from a reliable and unimpeachable source to repudiate the previous poster's comment?

In the absence of info to the contrary, my tendency is to believe inline's allegation. I find this issue comes up far too often with Fedex to be dismissed without merit.

I've helped hundreds of guys and gals prepare for FedEx interviews over the last few years. Don't have percentages handy but would guess 60%/40% mil/civ. Lots of Pinnacle, ASA, and Comair guys there...along with some AWAC and Great Lakes too. Several corporate types have done well there also.

Don't let your anecdotal BS keep you from applying. PM me your name, email, and background, and I can probably send some emails of guys who have similar backgrounds who might be able to help.

Latest resources

Back