Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A little QA is in order

Gents,

Five words; syntax, spelling and sentence structure. Please check those responses. We did attend college, did we not? Good luck trying to put together a cover letter, or personal thank you note with multiple spelling errors, etc. I'm done.

big_al said:
I dont think the military guys are preoccupied, I just think they are now being forced to stay longer on active duty, and reservists are also being forced to stay longer.

No pilot is "forced" to stay on active duty, nor are reservists or guardsmen "forced" to stay longer. Maybe a better way to state his point is that current airlines that are hiring are shying away from mil guys (a large percentage of whom stay in the Guard/Reserve) simply because they are getting activated to go fight the war.

Dare I say it? It's a possibility that mil guys with Guard/Reserve jobs are being discriminated against in the hiring process simply because they are being hired and then sent away for a year or two on active duty call-ups. I hate to think this is really happening.

MAGNUM!! said:
Dare I say it? It's a possibility that mil guys with Guard/Reserve jobs are being discriminated against in the hiring process simply because they are being hired and then sent away for a year or two on active duty call-ups. I hate to think this is really happening.

Watch out for the double edged sword.... I recall MIL guys chuckling in the crewroom as they stated how they "get out" of undesirable schedules by using Guard/reserve duty....

Easy... there is always a small pecentage of guys that game the system and make it bad for the majority...

Last edited:
AAmilguy said:
Gents,

Five words; syntax, spelling and sentence structure. Please check those responses. We did attend college, did we not? Good luck trying to put together a cover letter, or personal thank you note with multiple spelling errors, etc. I'm done.

Thanks Einstein

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Watch out for the double edged sword.... I recall MIL guys chuckling in the crewroom as they stated how they "get out" of undesirable schedules by using Guard/reserve duty....

Easy... there is always a small pecentage of guys that game the system and make it bad for the majority...

You're absolutely right. It irritates me when dudes abuse the system...makes it tougher for all of us.

Sure seems to be a lot of bitterness out there today. Anyone with a speck of sense will blow this off, set goals, and get started with a pointed and purposeful success campaign! Whinning will get you nowhere; strategy and tactics will (if you're going for what you REALLY want to do!). Okay, come on shooters - I'm ready for the bull******************** and the bullets!!! Ready - Fire - Aim!!!!

Hi!

I think that the FEx/DAL hiring mostly mil guys WAS true, but it's becoming less and less true every day. The US military is producing less and less pilots. They also are paid a lot more than previously, and they can do things like fly their whole career, which they never used to be able to do. I would say that the above changes make it more likely that pilots would stay in the military rather than get out, so there's a lot less mil guys available.

Mil pilots ARE being forced to stay in, by the "Stop-Loss" program. The mil simply says they're needed, and they have to stay until the mil lets them out. I KNOW this is happening to many Army guys. Maybe the AF/Navy guys aren't stuck. The Army is also forcibly recalling IRR guys. I don't know if they're doing it with pilots or not, and I don't know if the AF/Navy is doing it also. The Army has to because they aren't meeting their recruiting goals.

Good Luck in YOUR flying career endevours.

Cliff
YIP

PS-I hope I go somewhere great, so I can help other guys follow me. I know a lot of great pilots.

Hi!

I think that the FEx/DAL hiring mostly mil guys WAS true, but it's becoming less and less true every day. The US military is producing less and less pilots. They also are paid a lot more than previously, and they can do things like fly their whole career, which they never used to be able to do. I would say that the above changes make it more likely that pilots would stay in the military rather than get out, so there's a lot less mil guys available.

Mil pilots ARE being forced to stay in, by the "Stop-Loss" program. The mil simply says they're needed, and they have to stay until the mil lets them out. I KNOW this is happening to many Army guys. Maybe the AF/Navy guys aren't stuck. The Army is also forcibly recalling IRR guys. I don't know if they're doing it with pilots or not, and I don't know if the AF/Navy is doing it also. The Army has to because they aren't meeting their recruiting goals.

Good Luck in YOUR flying career endevours.

Cliff
YIP

PS-I hope I go somewhere great, so I can help other guys follow me. I know a lot of great pilots.
I got nailed by the old stop loss deal!

Latest resources

Back