FedEx Lifestyle, NOT Sugarcoated!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KigAir said:
What's worst, working at FEDEX or being furloughed for 4 years?
Good question.

Being furloughed has not been easy but I have learned a lot about the things that matter in life. Of course I didn't quit FedEx planning on being furloughed and if this is the only time in my career that I am furloughed, I'll be pretty lucky. I won't lie and say there haven't been days that I thought about where I'd be if I were still at FedEx. There have. But my wife quickly points out how I felt when I was there and it brings things back into perspective. Also, I don't think anyone could have predicted how fast the industry changed in recent years.

With that said, I still have over 25 years to fly for the airlines. The airline I am furloughed from is doing O.K. and IMO I will have a good career with them. Two years ago I would have said being furloughed is worse. Today I'm not sure but I feel there are good things right over the horizon. Hopefully in 2030 (when I retire) I will know I made the right decision and I'll look at this furlough as being no big deal. I know for certain that I like flying passengers during the day better than flying boxes at night. That part won’t change. :)

Hey Dick,

Did I miss what airline you are currently furloughed from? To be honest about the situation you need to let us know the facts. Also where do you live (commuter or in domcile)?

Thanks in advance,

USNFDX

Some of the wives at my AF base would casually ask my wife "when I was going to work for a real airline?" WTF

Last edited:
Yea, but who is laughing now:D ;) :) :rolleyes: ...them :eek: :( :eek: :mad:

I hate that question too.

Last edited:
In a previous life I flew freight in the middle if the night as B727 captain and I hated that question..."when are you going to be good enough to fly passengers on a commerical airline?" Made me feel as if I was not good enough or something...well I am trying like hell to get hired by Fed Ex so I can have a secure livelyhood...its about job security and qauility of life! Not about whats in the back of the airplane...

Some answers

A couple of answers to questions posed in the discussion above:

I agree with Goose, I'm not sure why you would need to send a cover letter to FedEx, but if you do I would try this address:

Flight Administration Operations
Flight Training Building
Pilot Recruitment
Delivery Code 3211
3040 Independent Road
Memphis, TN 38118

You might want to address it to John Ryder or Kim Daniels.

Subic pay: first year pay is first year pay, but if you could hold the bus in Subic your first year you would make $51.69 per hour plus the international override of $4.50 per hour. No second year pay though, until the second year when it would go up to $117 per hour plus the override. As active herk mentioned, its unlikely that you could hold Subic as a new hire anyway. I'm hoping things pick up here but I've been here over two years now and still couldn't hold Subic in the last seat bid. Your mileage may vary.

FJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back