• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Lifestyle, NOT Sugarcoated!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can beat this dead horse into the ground all you want but the long and short of it is you can ask the same questions to 100 different FDX pilots and get 100 different answers...thats the beauty of it though.

FDX is what YOU make of it, the nice thing is we have options. Options to fly days or nights, options to fly domestic or international, options to fly narrow-body or wide-body, options on where to be based, options to be senior or junior. Different aircraft have much different schedules and QOL. SWA is a great company with an awesome group of pilots but if I had to fly 737's domestic the rest of my career I'd go nuts, BUT that is just me.

The guys you see that are all beat up are the ones usually chasing the almighty $$. The guys that look and feel great are taking a little less money but are senior in their seat and have a nice QOL. It is what you make it, plain and simple.

I count my blessings everyday I am where I am. Where else in the industry can you go from flying private jets with a fractional to flying a 630,000 MD-11 to Asia and around the world in less than 3 year and make $120k+ being on reserve??? Job security is probably the most important thing to me and I feel like I am at the best company for that. Say what you want but FDX is a GREAT place to be with some of the nicest pilots I've ever meet.

I'll get off my soapbox now, sorry.

Last edited:
Its a ticket to an early grave, hard hours, old jets, tough approaches, mean management...its bad bad bad.

So...all you guys with a line number lower than...say...3900 or so really ought to see the light and either retire or find an easier job.

If you can't see the sarcasm, I agree 100% with some other posts. There are some tough trips, some cush trips, but if you keep in shape, keep a healthy attitude, and don't work 100 hours a month I think you can be very happy here. I know I am...

PurpleTail said:
Where else in the industry can you go from flying private jets with a fractional to flying a 630,000 MD-11 to Asia and around the world in less than 3 year and make $120k plus being on reserve??? Job security is probably the most important thing to me and I feel like I am at the best company for that. Say what you want but FDX is a GREAT place to be with some of the nicest pilots I've ever meet.

I'll get off my soapbox now, sorry.
which fractional?

Lord Wakefield said:
which fractional?
Flight Options

Bases: 90% of the pilots are based in MEM (727,A300/310,DC10,MD11/10), then about 5% based in ANC (MD11/10) 3% in LAX (MD11/10) and 2% based at SFS Subic Bay, Philleppeans (A300/310). Rough estimates of course.

does Fedex still offer 2nd year pay to new hires if they decide to go over to Subic bay. I heard this at a job fair and I was wondering if it was true.

D

ilinipilot said:
does Fedex still offer 2nd year pay to new hires if they decide to go over to Subic bay. I heard this at a job fair and I was wondering if it was true.

D
I believe new hires going to Subic get first year pay just like everyone else. It is probably a moot point since I haven't heard of a new hire going directly to Subic, although it may be possible to get there before your first year on the property is over. You do get the tax exemption on I belive your first $75k, however (if you live there). Some people commute to Subic, I don't think they get the tax exemption, but don't know for sure.

RichardFitzwell said:
I worked there for 5 years. Three as a S/O and two as a F/O on the B727. I can honestly say I didn’t like it.
I was offered a job at a passenger airline flying the B737 and took it. What a huge difference. I actually enjoyed flying again but my timing was bad. Sept 11 and I was laid off. Recalls have started and I'll be back in April after a 4-year furlough. I can't wait to get back.

What's worst, working at FEDEX or being furloughed for 4 years?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back