FedEx Jumpseat 101 for regional pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dojetdriver said:
Well thats great that you guys can do that on your OWN airline, but does that mean it is acceptable to do it on ANOTHER airline? I could be wrong but I thought that the ALPA JS guide says somethig about looking professional, busines class, ect. My FOM lays out the reciprocal list as well the the proper JS attire. Nowhere does it say that a particular airline is exempt from that dress code jsut because they can do it on their own airline.

I can grarantee you that if I tried to JS on ANY other airline wearing tennis shoes, I'd get a lecture about it. Even if I was an MD-11 CA at purple. Does it ever occur to some people that there may be other JS'ers riding as well? If they have to conform to dress code, why should anybody else get a pass?

I wouldn't have even bothered posting in the first place had the guy said thanks for helping him get home, tennis shoes or not. That'w not what bothered me about it. But is somebody is going to look unprofessional as well as be inconsiderate considering how far we were willing to go to help him out, well......

Dude, re-read the first sentence of my second paragraph, then edit your post to not look soooo stoooopid.

Last edited:
Purpled said:
Dude, re-read the first sentence of my second paragraph, then edit your post to not look soooo stoooopid.

Dude, don't get so hostile and insecure right away. If you are going to name call, you are forfeiting all biching rights, sorry.

I guess what I meant to type was, grow up and admit mistakes. We all make them everyday.

Last edited:
Purpled said:
Due to your gentleman-like retraction, I have erased the evidence.

I wasn't saying sorry to you. I was saying that if you are going call names, I'm sorry for you, because you are not mature to argue a point without calling somebody "soooooo stooooopid".

Get it?

dojetdriver said:
I wasn't saying sorry to you. I was saying that if you are going call names, I'm sorry for you, because you are not mature to argue a point without calling somebody "soooooo stooooopid".

Get it?

I figure if you are smart enough to only quote half of his post then you are also smart enough to read the second half that says the same thing you do before you go and reply.:confused:

JethroF15 said:
Dang... you girls crack me up!:nuts: Can you say Cat Fight!:)

I tried to type, 'I'm defending our honor,' but could stop laughing at that. I guess it's time to call in well.

As a jumpseater, yes you should always "ask" for the ride. You should also dress and act appropriate. You should NOT have to beg or bring cookies. Some airlines, UAL, it is called OMC (Observing Member of the Crew). You are essetially a "crew member". You cannot drink. If there is an emergency, you might be called upon to assist.

As all of us are just trying to pay the bills and commute to work, the last thing we need to worry about is possibly pissing off "almighty captian" because someone is tired or just having a bad day.

And yeah, ALWAYS say thanks on the way out.

( side note.....I was going to jumpseat on UAL this one time. The plane was late inbound. The outbound pilots were standing next to the gate agent. When I checked in, the gate agent told me that the Captain was standing right there so I could talk to him. He and his FO heard all of this and IGNORED me. I didnt want to interupt their conversation. The plane arrived, and they went onboard without saying a word to me. I left that gate and caught a ride on AA instead).

Last edited:
LEROY said:
J/S cookies for the flight crew (goes without sayin')

I like oatmeal raisin or molasses. I DON'T like chocolate chip. Just so y'all know.

To all you RJ crews.
Many thanks for all the rides. You always go above the call of duty to get me on and yes I wear a tie etc and say thanks .
To FedEx pilots. Didn,t JL put out an email saying something about ties when off line jumpseating ???

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back