fedex interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

yahoo

I just got the call for a fedex interview...woowho!! Now comes the hard part, getting hired. My interview is scheduled for Mar 15, and Emerald Coast DC10 sim prep in MEM is already booked solid. Does anyone know of other alternatives? Sim prep is a must from what I hear, but I don't want to delay this interview.

yahoo said:
I just got the call for a fedex interview...woowho!! Now comes the hard part, getting hired. My interview is scheduled for Mar 15, and Emerald Coast DC10 sim prep in MEM is already booked solid. Does anyone know of other alternatives? Sim prep is a must from what I hear, but I don't want to delay this interview.

I would also do an interview prep. Get "Checklist for Success" by Cheryl Cage. You might wanna also do a sit down interview prep. I did mine with the Kit Darby group but there are others around who I think specialize in FedEx interviews.

Also start coming up with lots of stories about flying experiences you have had in the past. You WILL be asked about them in the interview.

I did my prep 3 years ago with Higher Power in DFW. It was worth the money.

Good luck with the interview,
Z

Zulu,

What sim did you do the prep in with Higher Power? I understand FEDEX uses the DC-10 or Aibus now for the sim evals. Did Higher Power have the exact sim profile used by FEDEX? Thanks

U

Sim is open in March...you have bad info. However...it is filling fast.

Another point....

Some guys may or may not know I had a meeting with CP a few weeks back. Chief of pilot recruitment wanted to know "what was going on..?"
There is a concern about "inside info" being spread to the winds, and by a lot more sources than just me. Meeting went well and I made several points, but the points are worth mentioning on this public forum.

First, I don't sell GOUGE. Gouge to me is defined as questions, specific inside info on SBI scenarios, company info or scoresheets on the interview process. I actually took Mr. Lewis to my website and showed him links to the "gouge" sites out there, pointing out that no self respecting cheap a$$ pilot would pay me for what he could readily get for free.

Where does this "gouge" come from? I suspect well meaning inside folks like interviewers, instructors, etc. They make copies to help "their boys", who then pass it on, etc etc. Be warned--this does not sit well with management and if you are out there spreading this stuff around you might expect to get to explain yourself! This is exactly why when someone tells me they "have something" I tell them to keep it--I don't want it, don't need it, and I don't think it helps that much.

So what do I sell? Simple...coaching and confidence! I want you to be able to think on your feet--not just answer pat questions. I want you to know if the "gouge" was 100% wrong and you got a completely different set of questions you'd still be in the driver's seat. I have helped hundreds of folks get on at other carriers, including (okay...here it is in public) over 100 guys at JetBlue, or about 10% of the crewforce. Southwest also has a lot of Emerald Coast clients. I have been doing this over 3 years (and Fedex has only been hiring 6 months or so) The tips, techniques, and philosophy behind our approach has been very successful at many carriers (including some corporate jobs and military selection boards too!)

What I don't sell? I can't tell you what you will be asked on your interview (I really don't know anyway...and it likely changes). I can't tell you what is on the sim profile (but you already know you need to work on your basic cross check). I don't give out any test info. There is plenty of info out there for free if that is what you want. However, if you want help with communication and presentation--well--we've got a ton of experience in those areas and we are glad to help.

I think if you poll any former clients they will tell you I didn't tell them what they would be asked, but rather helped them take control of the interview by sharing the info THEY wanted the INTERVIEWERS to know about THEM. The product is an approach that worked 80-90% of the time. It is not 100% (darn it!). It is not magic. You still have to work your butt off in this tough environment to get the job. All that aside, I think I've helped make a difference for a lot of folks.

The sim prep was simply a reaction to watching too many good guys get bounced out of the process because they didn't have access to a sim. Guys who got prep at NATCO, Higher Power, or their local KC 135 sim did well. Guys who didn't were hit and miss... Large sim operators are not consistant when folks call off the street to get help...results and responses ranged from "sure, we can help..." to "..don't bug us.." All I did was arrange a flow-through agreement with a local sim company so the individuals wanted a sim had a conduit to the facility. I don't teach the sim (never flown a jet bigger than a 727 anyway, and anyone who'd seen me land during my training knows I AM NOT the guy to teach sim techniques!) I also don't know the sim profile--I did my sim almost 4 years ago and haven't been back in since (thank God!). What we have done, however, is make the market big enough that now you CAN get some local sim time prior to your interview if you want it. However, there are a lot of large fish nibbling up -10 time. The biggest fish is FDX, who gets the hours/times they want. Next come Gemini and World, who also are hiring and training a lot right now. That is why the website says "call early" if you want a sim, as they do fill up due to the high training load going on right now. Cargo is booming, and it ain't just FDX.

Post on....just thought you might want to know....

I did my interview prep with AlbieF15 over two years ago and If you don't call him you're a fool. Everything he said is right on.

So AlbieF15 you took the chief to the websites that offer gouge for free, nice going pal you basically screwed everyother pilot out there trying to get on with Fedex. Now they will probably change their process. Your from the military, you know what a BF is? Maybe you were trying to get rid of the free site competition so everyone would have to come to you for a fee. You could have not guided him to the free website and still made your point. Nice going BF.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back