fedex interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xtwapilot....

Give me a break...Like the CP's don't know these gouge sites exist. Do you think they are actually going to revamp the entire system so that their interview is no longer like the gouge sites? Do you think the CP's don't read this board and others? They know that we know...Get off of albie's back. His service is simply one of the many pieces that you can use to make your puzzle complete.

Even if FedEx decided to revamp their entire interview, they know that the first person that gets hit with the new format will be telling their buds. In less than the time it takes for the interviewee to type a trip report, that info will be up on a site somewhere.

So, how many people really get screwed (assuming that FedEx even changes their format)? One group of interviewees?

I'll say it again....it is a GIANT leap that FedEx will change a process that has been used for years. They know that the second they spend all of the time money and effort to change it, it will be posted for all to see shortly there after....

xtwapilot said:
So AlbieF15 you took the chief to the websites that offer gouge for free, nice going pal you basically screwed everyother pilot out there trying to get on with Fedex. Now they will probably change their process. Your from the military, you know what a BF is? Maybe you were trying to get rid of the free site competition so everyone would have to come to you for a fee. You could have not guided him to the free website and still made your point. Nice going BF.

Hey Jacka$$... I guess you think that Jack Lewis and the whole hiring department at FedEx are too stupid to know that there is free gouge availible and none of those people know how to do a search on the internet! Albie didn't show JL anything he hasn't already seen or known about for years. To think otherwise is just plan stupid. As far as Albie needing more business, I'll let him speak for himself, but last I heard he had as much as he could handle. I've also known him for years. How long have you known him that you can make such claims against him? Grow up and get with the program knucklehead. If you have applied at FedEx, and I sure hope you haven't, try not to blame your failed interview on "oh I didn't get the right gouge because Albie yanked the rug out for everyone, boo hoo hoo !". Geeze pal, you need more help that some gouge could ever give you. :mad:

Evidently there was a concern by the chief regarding the interview process, and I seriously doubt any chief is bright enough to spend his time googling for gouge websites. BTW there were several airlines that changed their process over gouge in the late 90's. So the threat of the process change is real. I stand by my post. The 2 sites I have knowledge of have helped me and many of my fellow pilots. I have no problem with someone starting a business but don't point the management types to websites that truely help pilots without any associated cost.
BTW jethro, I have never applied to Fedex and don't have any intentions of doing so. The Fedex's and UPS's for today are the United's and AA's of tomorrow. Besides if Fedex hired you, they really do look for dumba$$es

Last edited:
Sounds like Jack got asked (probably by HR) to look into this, had a meeting, and it was resolved. Much ado about nothing.

And Albie is a great guy who has helped tons of fellow pilots. I've known him since he was a ROTC nazi. You'd lay off him If you knew him.

Hey Albie - is the table really green?

Albie,

How did FedEx find out that you were running an interview service? Did you disclose this previously to your CP or did they read your posts on this website and then track you down for your "meeting"?

EP

xtwapilot said:
Evidently there was a concern by the chief regarding the interview process, and I seriously doubt any chief is bright enough to spend his time googling for gouge websites.

Got it on my first google attempt...took about 5 seconds using the extremely clever search terms of: fedex pilot interview... Dang, now I let the secret out too... :rolleyes:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fedex+pilot+interview

From what I have gathered, I was one of a bunch of folks called in to discuss hiring gouge issues. These folks ranged from other HR folks, captains, and a host of others. This wasn't an "Albie verses the machine" show...I was one in a large cast. As I mentioned previously, I told him I had been doing this for years, and that FedEx was only a portion of the folks we train. JetBlue and Southwest have actually been the business core for years, along with a host of other misc. carriers. I have no plans on jepordizing my FedEx career OR my business by going outside the acceptable bounds and running afoul of FedEx.

The CP's tone was professional and courteous. So was mine... I was there to answer a few questions, not to defend my job. I have no ties to any of the Fedex hiring staff, HR folks, or management...and I haven't crossed any lines...so I really didn't have anything to hide. However...anyone who ever says "I get to go see my chief pilot..." and isn't a bit nervous is either lying, has a crappy job they couldn't care less about, or has a better offer in the wings.

My point about the internet links was simply that FDX MAY in fact start to mix up the questions or flow a bit. I wish they would--it would take a cloud of suspicion off any of those folks Jack thought "passed out gouge", and it would make folks think on their feet a bit. Right now the interviewers are frustrated because it seems they have a pool of candidates that are very well prepared and ready for the interviews. Heck...if I had a chance at a multi-million dollar career I'd do everything I could to be ready too! Some guys who haven't interivewed in 10 plus years can walk in, fly a sim they've never flown, and do great in all phases of an interview. Other folks want some coaching on how to do there best--and we are there to help those folks.

XTWA pilot... I'm not trying to build up my business. All I was doing was emphasizing that my busienss is "coaching", not "gouge". I try to run my life and my business as openly and honestly as possible. I don't hide, sneak, or play games with the company, my clients, the IRS, or my family. I'm too busy to try to keep track of any schemes or lies. I don't hide our services or our products from any of the airlines out there--all I hold secret are client names. I run my seminars as if a company ACP was in the audience. In fact, Jetblue knows I'm out there, and in fact they mix and change the questions frequently. However, anyone who has been to my workshops knows what we teach are techniques to answer ANY questions, not WHAT to answer to specfic questions. Dispite the constant changes to flow and questions at JetBlue, my success rate hasn't dropped at JetBlue...in fact our clients went about 15/17 this last round (phase I anyway...standing by on phase II results). Interviewers say they hate "canned" responses, so I work hard to make sure my clients understand they have to be honest, sincere, and real in their responses. Anything less and the interviewers think you are uptight, phony, or lying...and they don't want you. Passing out "inside info" doesn't facilitate that way of thinking, and I think is probably a detriment to the client in both the long and short run.

And I do know what a BF is, but I'll let the hundreds of folks I've helped define what kind of person I am and how I do business. I don't think BF is a term you will usually hear associated with my name or callsign. I ain't perfect...but I try to be a both a friend and run my business with ethical principles.

And Huck...we met in Jack's office. It involved wandering into the AOC into parts I had never explored, which was intimidating enough. I just turned 40 and haven't seen the Green table yet. I'm hoping I can still not see it for 20 or so more years...

Last edited:
I don't see why the interviewers should be frustrated because there are alot of people that are prepared.

Someone should tell FedEx that every gouge out there has the "secret" to acing the vocabulary portion of the test.....maybe they will get rid of that part then....
He he....wishful thinking. :) Then again.....me getting a FedEx interview......ahhhhhh...wishful thinking

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back