Fedex Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALLRIGHT BOYS, clear the decks, big rumor here:

I'm currently in -10 panel school ... one of my classmates talked to a bus standards guy who was in a meeting with JL and BC today ... the europe base is ON ... 80 crews eventually, based in Paris but you'll have to live in Switzerland ... 25 airbusses, these will be acquired planes (some MD-11's may come from Delta, freeing up busses to go)... Bid may be as early as January, small base at first like LAX ... you heard it here FIRST!!!!

Zurich. . . . again??

Huck said:
. . .<snip>. . . . .you'll have to live in Switzerland ... <snip>... you heard it here FIRST!!!!
This one's been around for a while. . . as long as they're all senior to me, Buh, Bye!!

So would that be a 3 hr call out for reserves like it is in LA??

This logistical nightmare will be interesting...all to be incorporated in the next contract I'm sure. So that is why the company is throwing up a big stink about relocation expenses being negotiated.

With the Enders report, growth in China and expansion in Europe the next contract will be done in not time...haha... that sure is a lot of RetroPay!!!

I'm not so sure this Zurich things is good news unless you want to be based there. It seems obvious this is just away for the company not to have deadhead people there. It will be the end of SIBA, and require less crews overall because it will be much more efficient....

Oh yeah, the good news, my bud was in a meeting with Cheever. We just bought 8 MD-11s from Delta and are buying as many A300/310s as we can get our hands on. They were told 600-800 new hires over the next 3 yrs.

"Oh yeah, the good news, my bud was in a meeting with Cheever. We just bought 8 MD-11s from Delta and are buying as many A300/310s as we can get our hands on. They were told 600-800 new hires over the next 3 yrs"

Hot D@mn! This is the best one I've heard yet. It's a good one even if it's only half true...

Another class started yesterday!

I'm beginning to sound like a parrot, but at that risk I just wanted to let everybody know that another class of 12 new hires started yesterday. The new caboose is number 4244. I hope that the classes continue. Any of you in class with any hot rumors or news please let the rest of us know what you hear.

Welcome aboard to the new hires, and keep on coming so I can get off reserve!

FJ

PS: I should add that I finally got some good news, and wasn't about my car insurance with Geico. After dropping 1 number closer to the bottom of the bid list in Sep (from Aug) I finally moved up some slots for the Oct bid month. I moved 17 numbers up from the bottom this month, which means 17 of the new hires from earlier in the summer activated this month. Sweeeeeeeet. I'm pretty sure a "trash line" is within my reach for Oct, but I'll probably stick with the pm reserve until I can hold a non trash line. We'll see later on this afternoon when the bids come out.

FJ

Last edited:
This just came up on Skyjobs.net today, probably old news by now.

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][url="http://www.aeps.com/membercompany/18437logo.gif"]http://www.aeps.com/membercompany/18437logo.gif[/url] 9/14/2004
We employ more than 4,200 of the most skilled pilots in the world, and provide them with the best technology and equipment, ensuring that they can always do their job safely. Our fleet of over 380 jets are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation, and, because we are constantly adding routes and services, our pilots have more frequent opportunities for seat progression. We offer our pilots something others can't: stability and a history of reliable growth.
Q
ualifications
Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi-engine and Instrument rating (without limitations)
Current ATP Certificate or written
Current FE Turbojet Rating or written (FEX or Basic/turbojet)
Must pass FAA mandated drug screen
Recency and type of experience is considered
Meet requirements for and currently hold First Class Medical certification
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university
Eligibility for rapid visa issuance, issued by offices in the United States to fly to any FedEx destination.
Ability to obtain clearance from United States Postal Service for handling or access to U.S. mail, which includes FBI fingerprint check, and candidate must have resided in the United States for the last five consecutive years (except for U.S. military assignments)
Eligibility for issuance of US Security Clearance
1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in command (PIC) or first officer (SIC) including a minimum 1000 hours PIC in fixed-wing jet, fixed wing multi-engine turbo-prop, or combination thereof.
Note: PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls.
Note: FedEx considers only pilot time in fixed wing aircraft toward minimum qualifications. This does not include simulator, helicopter, flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, RIO, EWO, WSO, NFO, or Special Crew.
All certificates and ratings required to be U.S.A. FAA issued

Apply Online

[/font]

Don't know about the most recent classes, but the Aug 9th class was 4 civ/4 mil, and the Aug 16th class was 4/4 as well (one of the 4 civ in the Aug 16th class was from Fedex Corporate Aviation).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back