• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I recall in the current CBA, you don't make over $100/hr until you're in the right seat with longevity of at least several years. As far as when that move happens, anyone's guess. There are quite a few guys on this forum who have been on the panel for 2 to 3 years.

But if rumors hold true, we'll all be in the front seat of a bunch of widebodies any minute now...;)

Widebody SO $100/hr at 3 years
Narrowbody FO $100/hr at 2 years
Widebody FO $117/hr at 1 year

and up from there...

Approx. average of 1000 hrs/year guarantee, this gets you in the ballpark.

Last edited:
It all depend on when you were hired and if you upgraded at 100% (first availability).

I was hired summer of '01. I could have upgraded to the right seat in the MD-11 a year later in ANC and have been making 100K. Some of my classmates did it but I didn't want to make a double commute just to get to work and moving to ANC wasn't an option. So I stayed in the back of the 27 for another year then upgraded to the right seat of the 11 based in LA.

Making 100K at FedEx can be done in a relatively short amount of time but it definately means making some life changing events (ie. moving to the Phillippeans or Anchorage). I have been at FedEx 3 yrs and I can't hold any widebody seats yet in MEMPHIS (CORRECTION***).

Not sure if this helped or not.

Last edited:
Making 100K at FedEx can be done in a relatively short amount of time but it definately means making some life changing events (ie. moving to the Phillippeans or Anchorage). I have been at FedEx 3 yrs and I can't hold any widebody seats yet.
Well with 15 years left till retirement, I have done the math on it and its a toss-up between (and this is assuming I am even going to be looked at by FedEx, as this is merely a discussion....) leaving for FedEx now and starting over (from many standpoints) or just retiring from my present job with peace of mind. In the end, sure, say one retires as a senior MD-11 Captain, in the end the actual pennies to the bank MAY be more overall but we are talking uprooting family, new baby, moving, related stress, etc, etc.

Plus wifey is not strongly supportive of me going to a new job either.

This aint "your grand-dads airline career environment either" so I think I am staying in place.

thanks for the info guys

later

satpak77 said:
Well with 15 years left till retirement, I have done the math on it and its a toss-up between (and this is assuming I am even going to be looked at by FedEx, as this is merely a discussion....) leaving for FedEx now and starting over (from many standpoints) or just retiring from my present job with peace of mind.
If it's a toss-up now, you might want to look back later. We are currently in contract negotiations, and I expect substantial increases in compensation.

:)

FedEx Hiring

I've gotten two calls for draft this week (727 F/O).

They must be getting desperate . . . . I am currently in the middle of MD-11 school!!!

***Correction to my earlier post***

I have been with FedEx for three years now and can't hold any widebody seats yet based in MEMPHIS. My chain of thought was interupted at the time, sorry for the confussion.

Two or three classes made a huge difference in 01. Spring guys could hold MEM MD11s. Late spring/summer types could hold ANC. I tried for 2.5 years to hold ANC but was always about 40-50 seniority numbers off. Finally got a right seat (727 MEM..currently upgrading) and can likely hold ANC next bid...however after two months of beatings and trying to learn to land a great big plane on the centerline I think I'll enjoy this seat a while and stay out of training for a year or two. Line....good! Training....bad! Being on someone else's schedule away from family is a drag...

Big hiring means all variables can change. If we really do hire 200-300 next year (rumors) then expect upgrades to look a lot like Postal wave times. On the other hand, if it slows down...go read FJs posts on what life is like stuck down near the bottom. This place is a completely different company based on your seniority. Fortunately, it appears that with retirements and growth some of the stagnation of 02-04 will be over and some hiring should continue for a while.

In any case--it is a great place to work. Good luck to you hopefuls, and I hope the rest of you here get the upgrades you want....

Albie's post is a perfect example of how I "snuck in the back door" and got a LA based MD11 seat.

Albie says...Finally got a right seat (727 MEM..currently upgrading) and can likely hold ANC next bid...however after two months of beatings and trying to learn to land a great big plane on the centerline I think I'll enjoy this seat a while and stay out of training for a year or two.

There were a lot of guys senior to me that could have held LA on the 04-03 posting BUT since they had been in training as a new hire...then training again for the right seat (27) ...they didn't want to go through a third training cycle again in three years time. Those same guys now can't even think about sniffing LA now because it is going a lot more senior these days.

Morale...bid what you want to fly...and get it as soon as you can because that opportunity might not present itself next time around...in some cases.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back