• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This war will effect this more than any other factor.... will the Iraqi's fight, or will they give in... then we'll see how the economy does, then Fedex will decide if they want to hire or not..

:(

Some more info

Here's some more fuel for the fire. Consistent with what other people seem to be saying......

Jumpseater just got back from an aviation forum this weekend that Hr attended. Reinforced the info posted. Currently window closed. Not sure when hiring will start. No news on class date. They are said to be waiting to see how the bid falls out.

IF you check the bid it looks like they will reduce the 727 group by +/- 60 Captains and +/- 60 F/O's. Safe to assume that they will let about 60 727 Second Officer positions go as well. This is where the new hire classes go.

So....once the bid is complete...I guess they will check to see how many current 727 S/O's get awarded new spots. If that number is greater than about 60....they should need to fill those slots with new people.

Bottom line: Hopefully we will all get more info once the bid all settles. Final bid is beginning of April.

IF I hear anything more along the line...will post.

Max

practice bid released

Our practice bid was released today (which gives guys an idea where they stand with their current selections). I believe this is primary bid info only, but not certain. I'm sure the poolies will be interested to hear that there were 53 vacancys listed in the B-727 Second Officer position. This would indicate that the company wants those positions filled.

Just another tidbit of info.

Goose17

Goose (and everyone else)

I think we all appreciate even the tiniest crumb, even if it only keeps the thread up on the first page!

Elvis Lives!

The Mad Dog

Practice Bid

Tim,

The secondaries are in the practice bid. Look under "Practice Standing Bid Awards #1" . . . . .

Wow

Word is only 25 over 60s are eligible to flowback this bid. Doubtful half of those will want to go from MD-11 Capt to 72 SO.

Gordy you are a bundle of optimism on this subject,

tons of positive news from the inside and you keep the negatives rolling in...... what gives

Listen HorneyKid, you wany scoop or poop? Just tellin ya what I hear. I was just asking about 60+ I realize I may be a bit depressing to those of you swimming, however, at least I'm not selling you a bill of goods to keep spirits high. I guess I'll just keep my opinion to myself here on out.

Awesome

Gordy,

I didnt say I wanted you to stop with your rays of sunlight.

Just looking for some desent banter while "drowning in the pool".

Bad news is better than no news

Keep it coming man

and I am wany, scoopy and poopy....sometimes all at once Im told

:D

FYI Any pilot reaching age 60 can go to the DC10 S/O without a bid. I doubt you wil see any go to the 727 S/O in the near future. In a few years you will see only age 60+ in the back seat of the DC10....that is unless the retirement age is changed up to age 63 or 65.

Latest resources

Back