FedEx hiring question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deuce130 said:
I think the numbers can be a little misleading. From what I've heard from the hiring folks, there are indeed around 10K applications on file. Of those, however, only about half are qualified. Of those qualified, only about half have three recommendations.

10,000 times the $50 app fee is $500,000. Very efficient way to fund the HR department.

10K times $200 for the FE written is a cool $2 million.

The SWA oriented type schools get that kind of coin but at least they give you something tangible for it.

Flame suit on!

Last edited:
The SWA oriented type schools get that kind of coin but at least they give you something tangible for it.

There's a little difference in a $50 fee and $6,000+ for a type rating. I'm not knocking SWA - but I draw the line and shelling out that kind of money to PFT.

Disregard.

Its just harder to get an interview at FedEx. Probably worth the extra effort.

Last edited:
Hopefully it becomes harder to get a interview at SWA. Last I heard if you get called for the interview at SWA you have a 20% shot at getting hired. I'll take the tougher screening and a 60% shot at making it through the interview at FedEx.

FlyBoeingJets said:
10,000 times the $50 app fee is $500,000. Very efficient way to fund the HR department.. . .<snip>. . Flame suit on!
HR department? That's just crazy talk . . . . Try this math on for size. . .
($50 x 10,000) / 4591 = $108.90

Sluggo_63 said:
Hopefully it becomes harder to get a interview at SWA. Last I heard if you get called for the interview at SWA you have a 20% shot at getting hired. I'll take the tougher screening and a 60% shot at making it through the interview at FedEx.

That's easy for you to say.

klhoard said:
HR department? That's just crazy talk . . . . Try this math on for size. . .
($50 x 10,000) / 4591 = $108.90

I say, chap, that's BRILLIANT, absolutely BRILLIANT!!

Just put it into your strike fund. Glad I could help :)

Latest resources

Back