Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twiceskunkeddog

Twice in a week!!!
Anyone out there know how long it takes between the time that your packet is placed in the "to be called" stack to actual call and interview date?

In other words, you've made it past the System CPs desk after all the boards, HR review, etc.

Thanks in advance,

TSD

After ACPs, your package goes to Pilot Hiring, then to System Chief Pilot, then back to Pilot Hiring for the call. I spoke with Pilot Hiring two weeks ago. They said the latest large group of applicants whose packages were on the SCPs desk, assuming they get approved, will be called in November and December. For what it's worth.

Although I am not a pilot there, I did speak with a Capt yesterday - (trying to get hired) who told me there were THOUSANDS of apps in the que - over 4500 I think he mentioned. That is the reason for the cessation of the grip and grin. They are trying to process the "gripped and grinned" folks. So if you have already done it - you are in the system.
The impression I got was that even if I was best friends with the chief pilot, I would have to wait due to the backlog.

hmmm,

I know we have a lot of applicants in the que, but I doubt it is 4500. That would double the current roster of pilots. We have around 4500 guys total.

Goose17

Goose17 said:
I know we have a lot of applicants in the que, but I doubt it is 4500. That would double the current roster of pilots. We have around 4500 guys total.

Goose17

You're right in your doubts.........it's around 9,500 on file

I'm in class right now and KD said it was over 10k on file...Not sure how many are currently in the que in the CP office...

just to clarify

There is a big difference between "on file" and in the "que". If you have applied, you are on file. If you have done the grip and grin and your package has been placed in the to be interviewed pile, you are in the que.

Goose17

I think the numbers can be a little misleading. From what I've heard from the hiring folks, there are indeed around 10K applications on file. Of those, however, only about half are qualified. Of those qualified, only about half have three recommendations. Of those, an even smaller group has a rec from someone they've actually flown with. To narrow it further, even fewer get to the actual grip and grin. It's not quite as grim as it sounds for guys trying to get hired, assuming they've got all of the pre-reqs.

I've recently sponsored someone and my ACP said it would be about six months from the sponsor turning in the resume to an interview call.

Latest resources

Back