Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Touch a nerve?

inline said:
Plato Rhyne is full of $hit. Non-military civilian 121 pilots are just as competent as previous military/121 drivers.

Whoaaa there big fella. I think the point of this is that PR was listing a candidate that had many different types of experience as to not alienate sensitive folks from one group or the other. Perhaps I missed the point, and if I did I apologize, but I think you’re being a bit touchy.

To anyone with some insight at FedEx, I did the Chief Pilot interview back in March. Everything went well, he commented on having 5 letters of recommendation in my file and said he was putting a green sticker on my folder. He indicated that it would take a few weeks to make it from there to HR but I should get a call soon. It has been 4 months now. Should I be concerned? I know someone who did the Chief Pilot interview after me and already has a class date. Thanks in advance.

Gettin Older said:
To anyone with some insight at FedEx, I did the Chief Pilot interview back in March. Everything went well, he commented on having 5 letters of recommendation in my file and said he was putting a green sticker on my folder. He indicated that it would take a few weeks to make it from there to HR but I should get a call soon. It has been 4 months now. Should I be concerned? I know someone who did the Chief Pilot interview after me and already has a class date. Thanks in advance.

I'd have your sponsor check on your status. A guy that grip and grinned with me and my sponsor back in January hadn't been called yet. Now he did take an extra two months to get his required recommendations. When our sponsor checked on him three weeks ago, it was found that his paperwork was waiting for him to get closer to his active duty separation, which is in three weeks. Long story short, his package was lost in the crowd of other packages. Each ACP has a considerable large stack of green stamped packages, so it is possible that yours is in neverland. Your sponsor can find out what happened, if anything.

To the guy who had a bad experience with AJ, I am sorry to hear about that. I had a great experience with AJ and feel it really helped me feel more confident heading into an already stressful day. He paid alot of attention to me in the sim perfecting my maneuvers. I know of 4 guys who sim'd with AJ including myself... 3 are in class at FedEx, the other is in the pool at UPS and hasn't interviewed at FedEx, yet. I am pretty sure AJ has a high success rate.

OK, I have to jump in on this one. AJ and Albie are a major reason I made it through the process and now wear purple underwear. I'm sorry if someone had a bad experience, but I bet there's hundreds more like me that got their money's worth from Emerald Coast.

cgflyer said:
OK, I have to jump in on this one. AJ and Albie are a major reason I made it through the process and now wear purple underwear. I'm sorry if someone had a bad experience, but I bet there's hundreds more like me that got their money's worth from Emerald Coast.

Agreed. Albie was a ton of help and so was AJ. If nothing else, I was able to fly the sim around for about an hour and a half and I was relaxed during the interview. We did have one guy in our interview group bust the sim, though, and he did the prep. Not sure what happened, but four of the other five guys also did the prep with AJ and we all passed the sim.

Could anybody in the know give us a break down of the most recent set of new hires? Time, background, etc. The thread mentions a little bit of this, but not to any great detail.

Thanks for the help!

Hope to mix purple with green at some point.

Skyward80

cgflyer said:

Exactly!

skyward80 said:
Could anybody in the know give us a break down of the most recent set of new hires? Time, background, etc. The thread mentions a little bit of this, but not to any great detail.

Thanks for the help!

Hope to mix purple with green at some point.

Skyward80

Skyward,

My class started June 20th. We had 14 guys, of which was a mix of American and USAir furloughs (Maybe 7 or 8 of the guys), six straight from active duty/reserves (5 AF, one Navy), and one from Independence. All but two had some type of military flying background... Marines, Navy, AF. Hours ranged from alot to the lowest, which was about 2500. Ages were from 28, to the oldest who I would say is in his mid to late 40s. Most of us interviewed sometime in late April through May. Call outs came about 2 to 3 weeks after the interview. My interview group had 6 guys, all six are now employed with the company. I know four from my interview group that went to AJ, and two of us went also with Emerald Coast/Albie. Results speak for themselves!

I hope this helps!

Oz

As a prospective purple employee, I have heard nothing but the best about both AJ and Albie as well. I hope their magic will work for me as I will employ their services in my quest.

Latest resources

Back