FedEx Hiring News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ilandopr

Sixteen newbies started on Monday. All are going to the back of the 727. Interesting breakdown: 3 straight from military, 2 from the regionals, and 11 from a major airline (including NW, UAL, AA, and Delta).
Another Fourteen start next Monday.

Looks like they're hiring furloughees. When did this happen?

Starting last Nov/Dec a few guys who were furloughed (or on the line) at other carriers (Delta and AA specifically) got called. Several had ties....brother on the line or sister a 20 year courier, etc. Several had taken jobs as couriers to help get the interview.

The last few months it seems there have been a few more "off the street" kind of folks getting interviews. I'm sure they all had aggressive sponsors who explained WHY them would be good employees. By the way...getting the call doesn't mean you will get the job--I know an AA guy who made it, but his buddy with a similar background got turned down. However--it does seem the possibility exists for some people who previously didn't have a chance to perhaps get an interview.

Nobody in management calls me up to discuss the hows and whys of hiring, but my own theory is simply that MGT looked around and decided that they were more interested in getting guys through training than who was the most "pure blood purple" guy or gal. Plato Rhyne at Delta for years used to say his #1 candidate was a former military guy with 121 experience (basically covering all bases). Perhaps FDX has come to the conclusion that risk of someone leaving at this point to return somewhere else is slim, while the odds of this person doing well in training are pretty good. Just my theory--I may be 100% wrong.

T-Gates said:
AJ Jassal!!?? He was the biggest embarassment of a sim instructor I ever had!

Did he talk on his cellphone the whole time you were in the simulator? Or did he ever bring his girlfriend along for a ride?

That guy was a grade-A joke!

Tell everyone how you really feel...........

AlbieF15 said:
Starting last Nov/Dec a few guys who were furloughed (or on the line) at other carriers (Delta and AA specifically) got called. Several had ties....brother on the line or sister a 20 year courier, etc. Several had taken jobs as couriers to help get the interview.

The last few months it seems there have been a few more "off the street" kind of folks getting interviews. I'm sure they all had aggressive sponsors who explained WHY them would be good employees. By the way...getting the call doesn't mean you will get the job--I know an AA guy who made it, but his buddy with a similar background got turned down. However--it does seem the possibility exists for some people who previously didn't have a chance to perhaps get an interview.

Nobody in management calls me up to discuss the hows and whys of hiring, but my own theory is simply that MGT looked around and decided that they were more interested in getting guys through training than who was the most "pure blood purple" guy or gal. Plato Rhyne at Delta for years used to say his #1 candidate was a former military guy with 121 experience (basically covering all bases). Perhaps FDX has come to the conclusion that risk of someone leaving at this point to return somewhere else is slim, while the odds of this person doing well in training are pretty good. Just my theory--I may be 100% wrong.

I've been told by two people now that FedEx is going to do away with the little pre-interview CP interviews. The reason is that they are flooded with requests from the sponsors. Any truth to this?

J Dawg said:
I've been told by two people now that FedEx is going to do away with the little pre-interview CP interviews. The reason is that they are flooded with requests from the sponsors. Any truth to this?

They are not "required" now, but they are most certainly still taking place. The party line is that your sponsor walking your information in is equally acceptable. That being said my 2/100 of a dollar would be that you're going to get to the top of the stack a bit quicker by setting up a grip and grin. Others might have more thoughts.

hoya
;)

AlbieF15 said:
Plato Rhyne at Delta for years used to say his #1 candidate was a former military guy with 121 experience (basically covering all bases). Perhaps FDX has come to the conclusion that risk of someone leaving at this point to return somewhere else is slim, while the odds of this person doing well in training are pretty good. Just my theory--I may be 100% wrong.

Plato Rhyne is full of $hit. Non-military civilian 121 pilots are just as competent as previous military/121 drivers.

Latest resources

Back