FedEx & Gemini

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's all negotiated.

We're hiring A LOT of pilots right now at FedEx and doubt the company will intergrate another pilot group (regardless how small they are) - their planes probably, but pilots.......???

Ahhhh cr@p, my crystal ball just broke - who freakin know's what surprises are in store this year!

Last edited:
sandman2122 said:
It's all negotiated.

We're hiring A LOT of pilots right now at FedEx and doubt the company will intergrate another pilot group (regardless how small they are) - their planes probably, but pilots.......???

Ahhhh cr@p, my crystal ball just broke - who freakin know's what surprises are in store this year!

Why would you think thy would not be interested in the pilots? We can't seem to keep up with the training for the crews for the airplanes we have scheduled for delivery. We may have to go to training 24 MD11 crews per month which is a 50% increase over what we have been doing. If we actually need the additional lift we would probably need the additional crews.

If this ever came to pass I doubt you would see any type of staple job like we have seen. American-TWA or Reno, SouthWest-Morris, involved an independent union at the surviving company. Gemani pilots have the good fortune of being represented by ALPA. You will find that FedEx pilots will be bound by the ALPA merger policy. The policy trys DOH first and then other means. Mergers normally get settled by an Arbitrator in the end. The two mergers I have been through were done by a ratio of seats brought to the merger.

Here you go R.L. This is just a mean rumor, I would like to get my hopes up to something like this actually happening, but I can't...I cannot do this to myself..

To all Gemini guys who have been here a year or less. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! This rumor comes up every six months to a year.

It is like talking about winning the lottery, you can talk about what you are going to do with all that money. Until it actually happens it is all hot air. If there are any Gemini guys thinking of FedEx buying us so you can go work there, the only way you are going to wear a FedEx uniform is to apply, interview and get hired.

truth

This came from our D.O. today............

Fantasy time over...... back to the real world............
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks, I never cease to be amazed at the energy and creativity of the "Post-Christmas Season/1st Quarter Slowdown" rumor-generating phenomena which overtakes us at this time of the year with such predictable regularity, and of late on an almost diurnal basis. If some people did not take this stuff so seriously, it would truly have some genuine entertainment value. But, alas, there are apparently those among us who constantly "see dead people" in some quadrant of their minds, and lose whatever firmness of grip they might have once had on the reality bird as it flies away from them into the far reaches of the big blue sky above.
Now, I fully recognize that craziness does have its benefits, and the Seinfeld-esque mantra, "Not that there's anything wrong with that..." might possibly apply. But it applies only for those who are themselves the crazy ones. The rest of the world must endure the resultant pandemonium our somewhat crazy brethren create by their flights of fantasy.
So, in an effort to reduce that pandemonium, let's cut to the chase and get to the meat of this season's rants and rumors, shall we? First, Gemini has not been, is not being, and will not be sold to FedEx/UPS/Atlas/World/YourNameHere under any circumstances currently envisioned, foreseeable, or discussed. So gee whiz folks, can we puh-leeze give that particular recurring fantasy a rest?

Hold on!

fogrunner said:
This came from our D.O. today............

Fantasy time over...... back to the real world............
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks, I never cease to be amazed at the energy and creativity of the "Post-Christmas Season/1st Quarter Slowdown" rumor-generating phenomena which overtakes us at this time of the year with such predictable regularity, and of late on an almost diurnal basis. If some people did not take this stuff so seriously, it would truly have some genuine entertainment value. But, alas, there are apparently those among us who constantly "see dead people" in some quadrant of their minds, and lose whatever firmness of grip they might have once had on the reality bird as it flies away from them into the far reaches of the big blue sky above.
Now, I fully recognize that craziness does have its benefits, and the Seinfeld-esque mantra, "Not that there's anything wrong with that..." might possibly apply. But it applies only for those who are themselves the crazy ones. The rest of the world must endure the resultant pandemonium our somewhat crazy brethren create by their flights of fantasy.
So, in an effort to reduce that pandemonium, let's cut to the chase and get to the meat of this season's rants and rumors, shall we? First, Gemini has not been, is not being, and will not be sold to FedEx/UPS/Atlas/World/YourNameHere under any circumstances currently envisioned, foreseeable, or discussed. So gee whiz folks, can we puh-leeze give that particular recurring fantasy a rest?

Uh oh, when management starts denying things, it means something is coming down the pipe!!

Right idea....wrong airline

Actually, Ive heard through the grapevine that FedEx is considering buying World Airways. Anyone else hear something similar?

CSY Mon said:
So was the TWA pilots, still no D.O.H.
Bad analogy. APA was not ALPA, FDX is. The TWA pilots got screwed by the APA and AMR, not by ALPA. ALPA is just the easy scapegoat for pissed off pilots.

Latest resources

Back