FedEX Feeder dorks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh dillfer,
Yeah, I'll double check my facts...you get paid crap and if you work more than 80 hours, you get even more crap. But you never work more than 80 hours so you always just get crap. Damn, I'm glad you corrected me on that one.
My god, man, you could get a nice cushy charter gig flying a fast, clean jet and get more than 300 hours a year. At that rate you'll be flying crap till you're 50.

Jealous...are you serious? You can do better than that. I made more as a first year FO at my company than a 4th year FO makes at Empire. And I didn't even make that much!
Try again...I'll check back tomorrow to see if you can come up with a better one.

At least I don't have to lie to women about what I do. You're one of those guys, aren't you? Admit it if you are.

Oh yeah, before I forget, here's a copy of your guy's flight schedule. It looks like almost half of your runs are at night or early morning before the sun's up. So where did this 90% stuff come from?
http://www.empireairlines.com/2504015/main/Content/ImageLib/121 web schedule.pdf

Thunderworm,
No, she's not from WA.

Last edited:
I could never take any of that respect away from them. They're doing a tough job for not much money and little thanks (especially from big Fred).

Yeah, I'll double check my facts...you get paid crap and if you work more than 80 hours, you get even more crap. But you never work more than 80 hours so you always just get crap. Damn, I'm glad you corrected me on that one.

Man, you're all over the place. I'm very glad that you make a ton of money. Money's not everything, it sure helps with a lot, but it's not everything. Obviously I don't mind what I get paid otherwise I would go somewhere else, I enjoy the quality of life that Empire affords me. That may change in a couple of years but it works for me now.

When I was single I used to tell women, when they asked what I did, that I delivered boxes for FedEx. Which isn't really a lie. The pilot line never worked well for me.

And you have to fly all night long.

We do have a lot of runs that leave early in the morning around 6am. I was just stating that we don't have many where you have to fly all night long, like you said.

Dillfer,
I don't make a lot of money, but when you claim that I'm jealous of feeder guys, I'll respond because there's nothing for me to be jealous of. Those other things you quoted were in response to other people's comments too.
The whole point of this thread was to point out that lying about who you fly for is stupid and makes you look like a phony and it's become very common among some feeder guys.
Non-pilots may not know better initially, but eventually, when they find out the truth, you'll look foolish.
The incident with my friend and that guy in Spokane was just the most recent example I've heard of. Of course there's this other one:

My old college buddy flies for MAC and lists himself as a pilot for FedEX right on his web page. He even has a couple pictures of him in the right seat of the ATR. Then he lists his salary at $45,000-$60,000. Who's he trying to fool?
He's only been there a year, so he couldn't have upgraded yet and MAC's FO scale doesn't even go above $38,000/year.

Even the regional drivers don't do it as much as the FedEX feeder guys. I rarely hear Eagle guys say they fly for AA.

If you divide our pay by hours flown we are really well paid, per flight hour. However, we are at work a lot longer than we fly. A lot of our runs have down time where you are just sitting. Personally I would rather work harder and have more to show for it. If I am going to be at work for 10 hours anyway, might as well be flying and getting paid.

Breaking it down by hours flown really does us an injustice. We are poorly paid and there is no getting around it. 2nd year FO's at Skywest are making as much as 2 year Captains in out ATR's.

Man I am a corporate guy flying out of SHV. Oh crap i just admitted to being in this dump of a city. STAY AWAY FROM THE RED HEAD... I got a box of rocks that are smarter.. Maybe Ill go get in on some conversations at the FBO..

Man I am a corporate guy flying out of SHV. Oh crap i just admitted to being in this dump of a city. STAY AWAY FROM THE RED HEAD... I got a box of rocks that are smarter.. Maybe Ill go get in on some conversations at the FBO..

dumb and hot?? sounds perfect, why would i stay away! :D

Hey daytonaflyer...what are you so fixed on what others make and letting everyone know you fly jets? Didnt your parents teach you its bad form to discuss what people earn...even if it is public knowledge?
As for making us all aware of your non-propeller flying job, one day you may understand that jets are not for everyone. I get 10 times the satisfaction flying props over jets...I found jets to get real boring, real fast. Thats me and I am sure others feel the same way. I think we'd all agree that what others choose to do or say is their business. Lighten up...and choose your battles more effectively. Most everyone (Im guessing here) is laughing at you because you are getting so worked up over absolutely nothing. And I am betting that episode involving your ex-girlfriend probably didnt damage her sensibilities that much. This is just my opinion so take it for what its worth. Ya gotta lighten up man...otherwise your medical will be revoked due to high blood pressure!

As a MAC Pilot, I really don't think it's that simple. Life is way too complex and fluid to simply state that I work for:
A. FedEx
B. MAC
Believe me if someone approaches me and cares enough to ask what I do for a living, then I would be more than happy to explain the entire scope of my employment. Of course every situation and person is different so I use critical thinking to proceed.

Latest resources

Back