FedEx Domicile in Greensboro, NC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
my little research

I was considering moving to the area and did a bit of checking. After talking with people there, what it sounded like to me is it will mainly be a trucking hub, but there will be quite a few planes as well. I forget the details because it has been awhile since I checked, but it was something in the order starting out small and increasing in size over the long run. No plan for a pilot domicle. Not even remotely as large as IND.

Goose17

Deuce130 said:
Saw this after a brief google search. Looks like a lot of info out there about the proposed hub. 63 flights a day? How many go out of Memphis each night? Yep, I've got selfish interests. I don't want to commute forever but I'm not crazy about living in Memphis, LA, or Alaska.

http://www.newsandrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051014/NEWSREC0103/510130332

Dude.....I hear Memphis is "the bomb"! (That's the lingo the kids are using today huh). Honestly it ain't that bad............commuting SUCKS!!!

FedExFlyer said:
Dude.....I hear Memphis is "the bomb"! (That's the lingo the kids are using today huh). Honestly it ain't that bad............commuting SUCKS!!!

You would have to double my pay before I would consider moving to the holy land. Ain't No Way.

VaB said:
Here's a fun little website with an opposing viewpoint about the airport being used by FedEx.

LINKOUS

By the way turn your speakers down a little bit, it's mildly obnoxious.
Among their suggestions is a plan to use high-speed rail instead of airplanes for express package delivery.

:)

PurpleTail said:
You would have to double my pay before I would consider moving to the holy land. Ain't No Way.

Wow...how much to move to Guangzhoa?? Triple, minimum, for me. At Capt rates.

TonyC said:
Among their suggestions is a plan to use high-speed rail instead of airplanes for express package delivery.

:)

Maybe they could outsource to Amtrack! Talk about hull losses....

FedExFlyer said:

Honestly it ain't that bad...

What a glowing review!! I would live ANYWHERE and commute before I subjected my family to living in Memphis. Just my opinion :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back