FedEx Domicile in Greensboro, NC?

Deuce130

Durka Durka Jihad!
Total Time
Has anyone heard this rumor? If so, does anyone have any details?

Goose17

Total Time
0+
my little research

I was considering moving to the area and did a bit of checking. After talking with people there, what it sounded like to me is it will mainly be a trucking hub, but there will be quite a few planes as well. I forget the details because it has been awhile since I checked, but it was something in the order starting out small and increasing in size over the long run. No plan for a pilot domicle. Not even remotely as large as IND.

Goose17

FedExFlyer

You smell something??
Total Time
10K+
Deuce130 said:
Saw this after a brief google search. Looks like a lot of info out there about the proposed hub. 63 flights a day? How many go out of Memphis each night? Yep, I've got selfish interests. I don't want to commute forever but I'm not crazy about living in Memphis, LA, or Alaska.

http://www.newsandrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051014/NEWSREC0103/510130332

Dude.....I hear Memphis is "the bomb"! (That's the lingo the kids are using today huh). Honestly it ain't that bad............commuting SUCKS!!!

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
Total Time
6500TT
FedExFlyer said:
Dude.....I hear Memphis is "the bomb"! (That's the lingo the kids are using today huh). Honestly it ain't that bad............commuting SUCKS!!!

You would have to double my pay before I would consider moving to the holy land. Ain't No Way.

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
VaB said:
Here's a fun little website with an opposing viewpoint about the airport being used by FedEx.

LINKOUS

By the way turn your speakers down a little bit, it's mildly obnoxious.
Among their suggestions is a plan to use high-speed rail instead of airplanes for express package delivery.

:)

stonewall

Total Time
3K+
PurpleTail said:
You would have to double my pay before I would consider moving to the holy land. Ain't No Way.

Wow...how much to move to Guangzhoa?? Triple, minimum, for me. At Capt rates.

stonewall

Total Time
3K+
TonyC said:
Among their suggestions is a plan to use high-speed rail instead of airplanes for express package delivery.

:)

Maybe they could outsource to Amtrack! Talk about hull losses....

TheBaron

Cruisin' down L888
Total Time
6100+
FedExFlyer said:

Honestly it ain't that bad...

What a glowing review!! I would live ANYWHERE and commute before I subjected my family to living in Memphis. Just my opinion :rolleyes: