• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Buys Delta's MD-11's (Rumour)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I guess the few that World has will be going there then. Rumor is that it is a year + 1/2 wait for conversion. Nobody at World seems to be saying anything. Whoooooooooooooooo knows.

My understanding is that World is only interested in DAL ships #'s: 801-807 which have the DAL mod fwd aux tanks. I was told that the cargo carriers were not interested in those aircraft. World will cargo convert all of our our non fwd aux tank birds to freighters while retaining the other for pax use until they decide what to do next (i.e. use north american 767's for pax use and woa for cargo). I believe World will soon give up on the MD-11F since A.) they cannot find more and B.) conversions are too hard to come across. World is looking for another fleet type (747-400) to convert to continue its ACMI cargo business which is booming. Who knows what mgmt is thinking though.... Perhaps when our long overdue contract is settled we will know the answer! As Delta's largest customer (WO) I hope we will continue to be able to use them as our trainers and lessors.

Just curious...
How many DC-10's does NWA still operate and how long are they planning on operating them? Anyone??

Latest resources

Back