• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

angry tanker

Anybody else heard this rumour?
"FedEx is buying 8 MD-11's from Delta and using their sims for training."

Of course the number could be wrong, but it sounds good.

What would FedEx do with MD-11's?? I thought nobody wanted to fly those things. . .
Just kidding, Angry, FedEx bought these planes last year and they're currently in conversion. . .

Last edited:
angry tanker said:
Anybody else heard this rumour?
"FedEx is buying 8 MD-11's from Delta and using their sims for training."

Of course the number could be wrong, but it sounds good.
I don't know how many MD-11s Delta has left after the last batch we bought from them, but we should buy them all AND the Sim. It shouldn't take more than two months to have that thing shipped, installed, and up and running in Memphis.

Three weeks ago I saw an MD-11 still in Swiss Air colors parked on the far west side of the ramp. How many of those do we have?

Was in recurrent 2 weeks ago...Rumor is that they sent engineering out to the desert to look at 8 delta elevens parked there. The other apparently confirmed rumor was that we had "rented" a sim from Delta in ATL and we are going to off-site there...going from 16 to 24 crews a month
Los1

Los1 said:
Was in recurrent 2 weeks ago...Rumor is that they sent engineering out to the desert to look at 8 delta elevens parked there. The other apparently confirmed rumor was that we had "rented" a sim from Delta in ATL and we are going to off-site there...going from 16 to 24 crews a month
Los1

Roger that!

I was just in ANC last week for WU/PC and my instructor told us about going off site to ATL now for the AST portion of training and going from 16 to 24 a month.

I thought FedEx bought 7 last year, and just finished a bidding war with UPS for the final 8. I understand UPS just bought the last 8.

The training letter from the summer bid has 24 going to training starting Jan. Is there going to be an increase, or is that it already?

Latest resources

Back