• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx B-777 pics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two bunks on LH side, between L1 door and flight-deck and opposite the lavatory.
Nice thick walls (around 1.5 inches or thereabouts), very well insulated and quiet as a grave.

Supernumerary area holds either 4 business-ish or 9 economy class seats; we went for the business seats and they're quite nice and comfortable. Nice galley with all the usual stuff, microwave is an option. There's PC powerplugs in the back as well, along with plenty of storage cabinets. Most them are big enough and certified to hold a standard cabin trolley, but too small for suitcases.

In so many words, it's pretty nice.

Looks great, but why is it now FedEX Express? The Ex in FedEx is for express, so now it's Federal Express Express? Oh well, they can call it whatever they want as long as they pay well. :)

Looks great, but why is it now FedEX Express?

I noticed that too. I guess the same reason we have ATM machines (Automated Teller Machines machines), HIV virus (Human Immunodeficiency Virus Virus), MLB Baseball (Major League Baseball Baseball) etc etc. And don't get me started with PIN numbers! :laugh:

Looks great, but why is it now FedEX Express? The Ex in FedEx is for express, so now it's Federal Express Express?

It was there part of the stimulus package, came from a grant paid out by the Federal Department of Redundancy Department...

There now numerous business units operating under the FedEx brand (express, ground, freight, custom critical, office, servics (IT/sales), etc.) Each unit has its own color: Express = orange, ground = green, freight=red, custom critical = blue, services = silver. The official company name is now FedEx, so the Ex really doesn't stand for express any more in that context.

Have you delivered the purple promise today?
the777s are awesome hopefully someday I get to pull the gear on one.

There now numerous business units operating under the FedEx brand (express, ground, freight, custom critical, office, servics (IT/sales), etc.) Each unit has its own color: Express = orange, ground = green, freight=red, custom critical = blue, services = silver. The official company name is now FedEx, so the Ex really doesn't stand for express any more in that context.

Yeah, I figured. It just looked strange considering the origin of the FedEx name. All those colors remind me of the national threat level colors and the Sat Night Live skit that followed. I'd love to fly the 777, you guys/gals enjoy!

Latest resources

Back