• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

FedEx at Air, Inc. in Atlanta

airmasn

Total Time
So anyone talk to the FedEx recruiter at the conference Saturday? Anyone think they may have a chance of getting hired there because they went to Air Inc.?

propjob27

I have people skills!
Total Time
Absolutely not. Going to those Air Inc things does not help one bit with respect to a FedEx interview. In order to even have a shot at an interview, you MUST have 1 sponsor who takes you to the meet and greet with his chief pilot, and 2 additional recs. You must have your sponsor + 2 recs, and even then it took me almost a year after the meet and greet to get called.

Terry Hunter

Silence!
Total Time
<0>
propjob27 said:
Absolutely not. Going to those Air Inc things does not help one bit with respect to a FedEx interview. In order to even have a shot at an interview, you MUST have 1 sponsor who takes you to the meet and greet with his chief pilot, and 2 additional recs. You must have your sponsor + 2 recs, and even then it took me almost a year after the meet and greet to get called.

And at least 1 moon landing too.

airmasn

Total Time
propjob27 said:

so why does FedEx even go to these things?

propjob27

I have people skills!
Total Time
It's a big draw. Air Inc likes them to show up. Same goes for UPS.

tjsatter

Total Time
none
Terry Hunter said:
And at least 1 moon landing too.

When i was based in MEM working with (not for) FedEx I heard a story of an actual ex-astronaut with Shuttle time NOT getting the job with FedEx after an interview.

tj

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
tjsatter said:
When i was based in MEM working with (not for) FedEx I heard a story of an actual ex-astronaut with Shuttle time NOT getting the job with FedEx after an interview.

tj
So, is that when Hoot Gibson decided to settle for less and take the regional job at southwest?