Fedex and UPS schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

overqualified

What is the typical schedule like for a new hire at these two companines? How many days on the road at a time? Also, once off reserve what does the typical schedule look like? Thanks for the info.

What is the typical schedule like for a new hire at these two companines? How many days on the road at a time? Also, once off reserve what does the typical schedule look like? Thanks for the info.

This is a wide question with many answers. UPS- depends what A/C assigned and what base. If you are assigned the Mad Dog ANC, good chance you'll hold a line right out of training.

Days on the road- anywhere between 1 and 30, it all depends- plane and base.

Off reserve- once again depends what plane you are on. Example- 767 Int'l base gone for anywhere between 2 and 14 days. Wide variety of flying on this plane. Probably off reserve on this plane 1 1/2-2 years.

I'm currently a UPS newhire based in ONT. Right now I'm finishing up a 3 week reserve stint. This is not the norm. Reserve is usaully one on, one off -- or two on, two off. I got screwed on the transition.

Reserve can go senior. Right now guys that have been out here 6-8 months are holding a domestic line. If you're thinking about coming to UPS save up some money. Your first year you can plan on going in the whole about ten grand.

Thanks for the replies. What are the typical schedules for say someone at 3 years flying international and domestic, meaning how many days away from home at a time? thanks. I realize there are a wide variety but what do most bid for?

Most International trips are 13 days long followed by 15 days off.

Lots of the Int'l trips on the 767 are 5-7 days going eastbound. Westbound 7-13 days long.

Forgot to add- followed by a crapload of time off! 2-4 weeks if you bid correctly.

What about overtime, or making any extra cash the first year and so on? Whats typical gross pay 1st year, 2nd, ect...?

I'm currently a UPS newhire based in ONT. Right now I'm finishing up a 3 week reserve stint. This is not the norm. Reserve is usaully one on, one off -- or two on, two off. I got screwed on the transition.

Reserve can go senior. Right now guys that have been out here 6-8 months are holding a domestic line. If you're thinking about coming to UPS save up some money. Your first year you can plan on going in the whole about ten grand.

TEN GRAND!!!! Dude, I just got done with my first year and went through about 35,000!!! Maybe that's because I'm still living in my stupid friggin legacy pilot captain's house:rolleyes:

What about overtime, or making any extra cash the first year and so on? Whats typical gross pay 1st year, 2nd, ect...?

You can pick up open time at UPS but it's paid at 100% not 150%. You can wait for JA calls that will pay $150 but that comes in spurts. They haven't called me for a JA in a long while.

First year pay is $33.33 an hour so I would imagine your gross would be around $33,000 - $38,000 depending on if you hold a line or not.

Latest resources

Back