• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex and UPS schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are the domestic lines out of ONT like? And can you drop reserve days if you pick up trips?

Last edited:
TEN GRAND!!!! Dude, I just got done with my first year and went through about 35,000!!! Maybe that's because I'm still living in my stupid friggin legacy pilot captain's house:rolleyes:
Wow, you were living with a Legacy Captain. I'm glad your moving on. Good for you.

How long does it take to hold a line on the 767?

It varies greatly from domicile to domicile. First of all we have 4 domiciles for the 757 & 767 (no matter which domicile you get based at - you will fly both the B757 and the B767)

The choices are:
SDF - 757/767 domestic (domestic, Canada and Mexico),
SDFZ - 757/767 international (Europe AND everything the domestic domicile covers),
MIA - 757/767 (domestic, Central and Latin America),
ONT - 757/767 (domestic, ANC, Hawaii, and Pacific Rim flying).

I am ONT based and am 2 years junior to my friends who are based in SDFZ but I think I get better schedules than they are.
2 months after completing IOE I held a VTO line (hard line created of trips dropped for vacation) which turned out to a week on week off line. 2 months later I held my first hard line. If you get based in MIA - most of the guys in my class got a hard line right after IOE as reserve goes very senior there. SDF (domestic) seems to be the most "senior" domicle of the 4.

Last edited:
How bout living in Louisville. Do the folks living in domicile have a pretty good gig right off the bat? How hard is it to get Louisville right out of training?

How bout living in Louisville. Do the folks living in domicile have a pretty good gig right off the bat?

All I know is that Z pilots fly more domestic than in the past, that’s what my friends keep telling me. Maybe some SDF based pilots can fill in the blanks?

How hard is it to get Louisville right out of training?

This has been covered before but I don’t think people believe us, so here it goes – as a new-hire you’ll be based wherever they need you for that particular class. In other words, our new hires go to ALL fleets and ALL 4 domiciles. It’s not hard to get based in SDF if they happen to need a pilot for that domicile when your class date comes up.

What are the domestic lines out of ONT like? And can you drop reserve days if you pick up trips?

The ONT domestic lines vary. You either fly week on/week off next day air(night), or fly 2-4 days a week, anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks in a row mostly daytime.

On regular reserve, you can't trade with open time to pick up trips but you can preference trips. If a trip is in open time during your on call period, you can submit a preference for those trips during your previous on call period (12 hours prior I think). Clear as mud?

AV8OR- I think Z also goes to the Pac Rim and staffs the IRO flights.

The ONT domestic lines vary. You either fly week on/week off next day air(night), or fly 2-4 days a week, anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks in a row mostly daytime.

There are also week on week off day trips ;)

AV8OR- I think Z also goes to the Pac Rim and staffs the IRO flights.

You’re right I missed that.

Ps. 25 hours to go, but who’s counting?... :D

Latest resources

Back