• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fed Ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Higher Power runs a specific FedEx sim prep. It runs about $450 for an hour in the 727 with an instructor doing the FedEx profile. It was pricey, but my attitude was it was better to do the prep and not have needed to than the other way around.

Z

For what it's worth(probally not much) I did my sim prep for FedEx at a local FBO on an AST300 sim for $39/hr. I did it solo and just kept on running through the profile and used 150 kts instead of 250kts, ect.
Whatever sim you use it will help you out on the evaluation. I had not been in an aircraft since Nov. 24, 2001 and needed a brush-up, but didnt want to spend all that cash(furloughed, not cheap).

I feel that really helped to get my scan back and get somewhat comfortable with the profile. On the otherhand if you are coming from a turboprop, your scan and instrument skills are probally better than most, but you might benifit from getting into a jet sim before the real deal.

Just my .02c

P.S. I did pass it ;>

I had a "real" sim planned, but it fell thru at the last minute. My only option before the interview was Air Inc, so I passed thru ATL on the way to MEM. The sim wasn't that great (computer generated, no motion-it may be better now, I went in early 2001) but all I did was the FedEx profile...for 3 hours. At $300, it was a little steep, and some of my friends thought I was nuts, but I got the job and it was worth every penny. This is the place I wanted to work and the bottom line for me was, if I didn't do some sort of prep, then didn't pass for whatever reason, I would be kicking myself for the rest of my life over a measly 300 bucks.

Longshot

This is a "longshot" but worth it. Try to find someone/anyone at FedEx who flys the Airbus and ask them to get you an "orientation" ride in the FTD/Procedure Trainer in Memphis (the old Falcon training building). Although there is no motion or visual, you can practice the check profile and get more comfortable with the overall cockpit layout. The FTD compares "somewhat" to the sim, but it's better than spending "mucho $$$" on an outside contract sim. And it's generally always available!

It's a networking longshot yes, but sure beats paying a lot for say a 727 or 737 when your check will more than likely be in the Bus......

Go for it!

Get on at FedEx now---All worries about your career are over.

What are they going to pay in the new Airbus? I'm afraid to ask!

Latest resources

Back