• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Feb 23rd Pinnacle Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I now wish I wouldn't have wasted my time flight instructing and flying 135 cargo gaining aeronautical and airmanship experience. I should have just written a check.....

The only disgraceful thing about your post is that you compare such a respectable military career with that of a "dream come true" via GIA.

Now give me a minute, I have to don my oxygen mask and goggles...

I can't believe a simple question would spawn again to the question regarding eternal good vs. evil.

I am just asking this question for a friend, and hope to find out how long does it take to know the answer. Anyway, fly safe, y'all.

PS: Hey, JB, How's dtw? Hope you're staying low.

Tank Commander said:
I'm going to write this one, because I have nothing to do right now. Two because its seems really easy for someone to generalize and throw crap all over this message board. I guess I'm also a disgrace to the industry. I went throw GIA. In fact I got all my rating with them then did the FO program. Been with PCL for over a year now in DTW. Prior to disgracing this industry, I enlisted in the Marine Corp. infantry for 6 years. In and out of Central America 1980's I watch a some good friends pay the ultimate price. Then wanting to live in Europe and tired of walking, I joined the Army. I served as a Tank Crewmen on an M1A1 for 12 years. As a Tank Commander attached to Task Force 6-6 I took my tank up Medina Ridge and proudly sat on the objective with my red white and blue flying on top of my turret. X-Mas morning 1995 where were you..... I was rolling my tank across Solva River into Bosnia. Led 88 combat patrols in Bosnia 44 in Kosivo. No I think your wrong. The industry my fellow pilots are glad to have me. The rich kids everybody talks about at GIA, maybe 5% of the students. The rest own thier a$$ to one of meny loan companys. Most of the people that go there are second or change of career people. I slipped a disk in my lower spine with 18yrs of service. The army offered me $80,000 if I left early and forfeit my retirement. I could have stayed behind a desk, but I've never been a very good indoor type of guy. I've had a dream since I was a kid to be a commercial pilot. I took the money and took a huge chance on myself, as the people who take out a huge loan to try and make their dreams come true. My hat is off to them. Anyone that has the confidence and commitment to take out a loan that big and put it all on the table I’d sit in a fox hole with.
I tell young people all the time if you want to get in to the industry "keep your credit clean, because you'll need it."

So, as far as being a disgrace to the industry, I don't think so.

So, what's your point? You blew eighty grand to be an FO at PCL forever. Good call.

Tank Commander said:
HTML:
you're a pay for training student from gulfstream. you guys are a disgrace to our indust

I'm going to write this one, because I have nothing to do right now. Two because its seems really easy for someone to generalize and throw crap all over this message board. I guess I'm also a disgrace to the industry. I went throw GIA. In fact I got all my rating with them then did the FO program. Been with PCL for over a year now in DTW. Prior to disgracing this industry, I enlisted in the Marine Corp. infantry for 6 years. In and out of Central America 1980's I watch a some good friends pay the ultimate price. Then wanting to live in Europe and tired of walking, I joined the Army. I served as a Tank Crewmen on an M1A1 for 12 years. As a Tank Commander attached to Task Force 6-6 I took my tank up Medina Ridge and proudly sat on the objective with my red white and blue flying on top of my turret. X-Mas morning 1995 where were you..... I was rolling my tank across Solva River into Bosnia. Led 88 combat patrols in Bosnia 44 in Kosivo. No I think your wrong. The industry my fellow pilots are glad to have me. The rich kids everybody talks about at GIA, maybe 5% of the students. The rest own thier a$$ to one of meny loan companys. Most of the people that go there are second or change of career people. I slipped a disk in my lower spine with 18yrs of service. The army offered me $80,000 if I left early and forfeit my retirement. I could have stayed behind a desk, but I've never been a very good indoor type of guy. I've had a dream since I was a kid to be a commercial pilot. I took the money and took a huge chance on myself, as the people who take out a huge loan to try and make their dreams come true. My hat is off to them. Anyone that has the confidence and commitment to take out a loan that big and put it all on the table I’d sit in a fox hole with.
I tell young people all the time if you want to get in to the industry "keep your credit clean, because you'll need it."

So, as far as being a disgrace to the industry, I don't think so.

You are sad. Go take an English class and report back.

Art V.

My respect goes out to Tank Commander and all those gulfstream guys who qualify to fly an RJ with low flight time. That takes a lot of courage. I trained with a gulfstream captain once, Female and an excellent pilot. Would rather have my life in her hands any day than some who feel better qualified. She also had time in the Airbus and lots in the RJ. she paid her dues who cares where it all began.
Show respect to those who take up aviation as a second career, You were there once yourself and may still be some ignorant .......
Hey guys use your imagination!

Tank Commander said:
I guess I'm also a disgrace to the industry. I went throw GIA. In fact I got all my rating with them then did the FO program.

...I enlisted in the Marine Corp. infantry for 6 years... I joined the Army.

...The army offered me $80,000 if I left early and forfeit my retirement. I took the money and took a huge chance on myself...

Tank, you served in two branches of the military, both for more than four years and you mentioned nothing about the GI bill's $40,000 or more that would have been usable at GIA. Tell me you didn't use your $80,000 to pay for your training.

I commend you for your service to our great nation. Screw the PFT-haters, at least in this instance. Obviously, you spent the best 18 years of your life serving, so you deserve a red carpet to the right seat of whatever you want to fly. Congrats on your job and success. In the future, though, don't be so defensive of the other PFTers. Fighting for freedom and liberty is just and noble, but defending a company who contributes to the degredation of salaries and work schedules and rules is unwise... especially here.

Thanks again, sir.

Shy

And I thought this whole GIA thing was old news. A lot of 'em are CA's now and as long as they use sound judgement while PIC and can fly from A to B safely, it's cool with me. I think a lot of my 9E coworkers would agree.

Rook

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back