• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fear Uncertainty and Doubt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm confused. We ran into Options crew this morning got to talking about the usual. Mentioned the retirement package and looked at me like I was crazy. He knew nothing and it was not offered to Options pilots and as a matter of fact they just opened up bidding for 5 new aircraft which would also equate to 10 upgrades and 10 callbacks or new hires.

I thought Options were winding down and Flex jet was the new brand. If that's true how cone they are growing and we shrinking with no new planes and furloughs on horizon? Why are they now getting the new planes and Flexjet has stopped.

Somebov lying. he also said were being whipsewn, a union term I should get used to. I understand FUD but what is this?

And here you have your typical pilot(s) that do not pay attention to anything and then go get pissed at the Union for not doing this or telling them that.
There was plenty of communication from the Union about the "VSP".
They should have known, but of course they don't get on the VUH, and they don't ready any emails (if they even read email).

The upgrades, yes they are for 4 pic&sic in P300, and 2 pic&sic in Legacy (options legacy, not new legacy 500).

So yes they are trying to throw dissention into the ranks with making the Union look bad. They won't take the vsp offer, boo hoop, we will need to furlough, whaaaaa!
Oh wait we need to do some upgrades because we are short staffed.

"Whipsaw" is a term used when a management team pits one pilot group against another in order to have one group undercut the other. Ask any current or former regional airline pilot about this. We've all lived it in our past.

Yes and after working for not just one but two companies infamous for this technique, I learned my lesson and moved onto a segment of the industry I thought was safe from such shenanigans. Guess I was wrong.

We are being completely whipsawed but not in conventional terms. I think Ricci is using the whipsaw for the long range plan of decertification. As far as using the whipsaw for negotiations, I believe his plan is to stall on all these cursory issues (fence, cba, sli) long enough to get us to the decert. Hence, it is not really a whipsaw in the traditional sense but still an accurate terminology in my opinion.

So far he is wielding the saw pretty darn effectively and we are helping. Yammer is nothing going but a whipsaw tool. If you care at all about your job as a Flexjet you would recognize the propaganda for what it is. It's not just a divide and conquer tool of FJ vs FO but of Flexer against Flexer. The BS RH is spewing about SLI and other matters is disgusting. Have you noticed how good Handschuch is at suggestive reasoning? There's no way he is still not getting "help" with his Yammer posts. Why are you going to read what some law firm drilled up? The con job over VSP is disgusting. Threatening the livelihood of an entire workgroup so you can stall or win negotiations is disgusting. We should all boycott Yammer. Every post there, even if you think it's for a righteous and glorious reason, just adds one more slide of that whipsaw. I don't know why we can't see that. I am so disappointed in the union blowhards especially that still use it. In truth it's these kind of amatuer hour techniques that keep me wondering.

I get it was useful during the vote phase. As ugly as it got, I get it had to be done and I respect the amount of cajones it took to get on there after 2 guys were fired over Yammer. But the time has passed and anyone who posted on there after Dec 16 needs to recognize it's their own hand on the end of that saw. Not just Ricci's, not just Handshuch's, not just the lawyers but you as a pilot, union representive or anything, are just helping that whipsaw right along. Is the sound of your own voice really that important? Some of these fools need to realize they are not really leading if, at the end of the day, it's still just all about them.

A little humility never hurt a person and I think some of these union guys need a big dose of it to stop helping that whipsaw along. Eyes on the prize, eyes on the prize. It's not about you. It's about me and 700 others right now. Now STFU and get to work on crap that matters.

And here you have your typical pilot(s) that do not pay attention to anything and then go get pissed at the Union for not doing this or telling them that.
There was plenty of communication from the Union about the "VSP".
They should have known, but of course they don't get on the VUH, and they don't ready any emails (if they even read email).

The upgrades, yes they are for 4 pic&sic in P300, and 2 pic&sic in Legacy (options legacy, not new legacy 500).

So yes they are trying to throw dissention into the ranks with making the Union look bad. They won't take the vsp offer, boo hoop, we will need to furlough, whaaaaa!
Oh wait we need to do some upgrades because we are short staffed.

Union look bad? They choose to remain uninformed. The one's that look bad are the ones that ask the questions that have been already answered. It's not the union leadership's job to hold your hand. If you don't take an active role now, it only gets harder for those who already volunteer. Now is the time to follow the rules because the company will be looking to take hostages again. The only way for us to succeed in the long term is to stick together and stay informed.

Latest resources

Back