Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Quiet Flight

I love your mom.
Heard at work this week that FDX employees can no longer non-rev on SWA. No one seems to know why, just that the practice is suspended until further notice.

Also talked to a FDX pilot who said this did not include jumpseat privileges and was only limited to non rev/ZED travel. However, and this should come as no surprise, there is already some confusion among WN gate agents about whether or not FDX pilots may even jumpseat on SWA. According to WN FLOPS, NOTHING has changed in our reciprocal jumpseat agreement with FDX.

So...

A) Any FedEx/SWA guys know what happened?

B) This needs to get clarified before a less than knowledgeable SWA gate agent tries to block jumpseat access.

Any info?

Got a note to all WN pilots from a CP. Said there is some confusion but that FEEX EX pilots CAN JS. I would suggest if you have any problems with the gate agent to ask them to ask the Capt to clear up any misunderstanding.

The guy who punched a girl and took off his clothes several weeks ago on a SWA flight causing it to return to OAK was either a Fed Ex employee or the son of one (not sure which), traveling on a pass.

Yes, that guy.

Jumpseating between FedEx and Southwest goes on as usual.

Naked UFC-style non-reving has been curtailed.

>>>I hear we can no longer ship at 75% off. Is that right?? <<<

I don't think that's true. I am sure that Fed Ex management is very happy to see SWA dish out a little disipline on Fed Ex employees and send a message, even though everyone knows only a small % actually need the message. Jay Leno and others made jokes about the incident painting this as the sort of passenger SWA routinely flies around and yet it was either a Fed Ex employee or one of his kids that created the situation.

Latest resources

Back