• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FDX MD11 Pilots:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
as an aside, was anybody able to open the adobe acrobat paperwork that came from ALPA via e-mail today...I could not
Los1

Albie is right, lets not air our dirty laundry on a public site. The ALPA crewroom has an excellent web board that would be much more appropriate for these discussions. Lets keep this forum to hiring and interview info.
Just my two pesos.

AlbieF15 said:
...and this, bros, is why you need to keep some issues private. No slam on FBJs, but no matter what you print here SOMEBODY will roll in (maybe a plant, maybe a flamebait starter, a bitter non-member, or maybe simply somebody with another opinion...)but going point by point over company verses union proposals on a public forum won't help our cause or generate any goodwill. Also--just as I don't tell an RJ captain how his 6 leg day "ain't that bad...." since I HAVEN'T DONE IT, I really don't want want a guy who has never worked our schedules tell me "...oh...that doesn't sound too bad..."

If you insist on doing your laundry in public, a lot of people will see the skidmarks on your underwear. Why don't we keep issue specifics to ourselves or to union/pilot only message board.

Just one guy's opinion....but my negotiating committee and my SIG speak for me...

Just for everyone (Fedex guys) info..... There is a ALPA, Fedex only forum available via the ALPA website. It would be nice if everyone would start using that. Access is controlled and restricted for just the reasons Albie stated. Just a thought.

I think Huck was just trying to raise awareness about Disputed Pairings, and this seems to be a good forum to reach an increasing number of FedEx pilots. In that respect, I don't consider it airing dirty laundry, and I don't see any problem with it. Even I read this forum more frequently than the ALPA board.

I DO object, though, to getting into a quibble match with anyone about WHY they are disputed, or IF they should be disputed. THAT discussion is moot, the decision has already been made, and I will support that decision. No discussion needed.

So, to repeat Huck's message. DO NOT PICK UP DISPUTED PAIRINGS! Doing so undermines the SIG's efforts to improve our schedules, and to protect us from onerous scheduling. Help them help us by leaving those pairings to rot on the vine.

AdlerDriver said:
Just for everyone (Fedex guys) info..... There is a ALPA, Fedex only forum available via the ALPA website. It would be nice if everyone would start using that. Access is controlled and restricted for just the reasons Albie stated. Just a thought.
I would miss HobieHawker and TazMan's inputs. . . .

Just a thought, why don't we start posting the names of the people who are picking up the disputed pairings? If they feel there is nothing wrong in picking them up, I don't see why they would mind if their name was put up in lights on a public board. What do the FedEx pilots think on this one?

Hi- Not sure how the FedEx pilots would feel, but the webmaster and the moderators would take a dim view of it here. Just to narrow the focus down, this is a privately-owned board which is able to be accessed by the public, as long certain rules are followed. One of those rules is not posting people's names or other identifying information.

I understand your point, but it needs to be on another board.

Sorry,
UAL78

Last edited by a moderator:
No complaints about Huck...heck we were AU classmates! My concern is the follow on WHY or WHY NOT issues w/non-company folks. That should stay private.

Press on....

Latest resources

Back