Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Huck

From Communications:

The following November pairings have been disputed by the SIG on safety grounds:

MD11 MEM: 182,183,184,185,186,187,188,189,190,191,192,193,194,195,196, 867,868,869,870,871,873,874,875,877,879,880,881

MD11 ANC: 104

For a complete explanation of why these pairings are being disputed, please read the SIG letter when it is published.

notice how many are in ANC and how many are in MEM. I wonder if we are loosing block hours here in ANC because we refuse to fly them? Maybe an E-mail from HC is needed in Memphis.

SF3CA

A lot of these disputed pairings were in ANC once upon a bid month. Some guys even picked them up. Then ALPA let the guys know they had been picking up disputed pairings. There was some peer pressure involved, and the next month, no disputed pairing were picked up.

Lo and behold!! The same trips show up in MEM the following month. They get picked up. I am all for guys picking up anything they want to put their bodies thru... but I could be forced into one of these with reserve.

I am in my last month biiding up at ANC (after 3.5 years). I cannot tell you how proud i am to have been associated with that group... I start in MEM in the Nov bid month. I am going to become very vocal about this stuff in the crew room...everybody else should!!
see you in Mecca
Los1

Los1 said:
I am in my last month biiding up at ANC (after 3.5 years). I cannot tell you how proud i am to have been associated with that group... I start in MEM in the Nov bid month. I am going to become very vocal about this stuff in the crew room...everybody else should!!
see you in Mecca
Los1
Tell ya what. . . go down to the Dolly Parton bridge and yell it across the Mighty Mississippi . . . .
At least you'll get more payback for your effort. . . .

Please tell us what about the pairings make them so tortuous. And disputed.

FlyBoeingJets said:
Please tell us what about the pairings make them so tortuous. And disputed.
Let's just nip this one in the bud.

The scheduling improvement group, my spokesmen for the FedEx ALPA MEC, have said they're onerous enough to dispute. The Company has a voice in the process, and they can dispute their disputability.

They're disputed pairings. Case closed. Don't fly 'em. End of story.

...and this, bros, is why you need to keep some issues private. No slam on FBJs, but no matter what you print here SOMEBODY will roll in (maybe a plant, maybe a flamebait starter, a bitter non-member, or maybe simply somebody with another opinion...)but going point by point over company verses union proposals on a public forum won't help our cause or generate any goodwill. Also--just as I don't tell an RJ captain how his 6 leg day "ain't that bad...." since I HAVEN'T DONE IT, I really don't want want a guy who has never worked our schedules tell me "...oh...that doesn't sound too bad..."

If you insist on doing your laundry in public, a lot of people will see the skidmarks on your underwear. Why don't we keep issue specifics to ourselves or to union/pilot only message board.

Just one guy's opinion....but my negotiating committee and my SIG speak for me...

Latest resources

Back