FDX MD-11 New Hires to ANC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pecan

Jumpsat last night with two LCA's on the MD. One was in LCA training and just came from the schoolhouse. Word is.....96 MD-11 new hire FO's going to Anchorage. The company is apparently trying to work out the logistics regarding new trainees to the Maddog, and personal moves to Alaska. I'm sure that'll cost the company some $$.

Yeah....I'll believe it when I see it too. Just in case---you poolies might want to break out your fly rods, and muk luks.

Pecan,

Thanks for the update. Have you heard when classes will start? Is April still a good guess? Do you know about how many pilots are in the pool currently? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Training

knocker et al.

Mgt always seems to keep a tight lip on anything involving $$--ie..training dates etc... Seems like I've heard that there are approximately 50-60 poolies. Someone else can probably speak more intelligently than me on this matter. I'm just passing on info I heard last night.

I don't think y'all will be sitting in the pool for 2 years like some of us. Hang in there. We want y'all to start training almost as bad as you do....almost.

I gotta ask, does the company require you to live in ANC? Do guys commute from MEM? I would think that it would be an 'easy' commute from MEM to ANC to start your trips.

you can commute

I met a guy that was commuting from the east coast to ANC.

You can live anywhere you can handle communting from.

Goose17

Latest resources

Back