FCC Radio License

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rr

I picked RR-Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit when I got mine just recently, but there sure are a bunch of other licensing options on there! There are a few that have aircraft & aviation in the tile, wonder what there about? Anyway, I applied for mine on Jan. 31 & got it Feb. 7 via credit card, reasonable quick compared to the FAA & getting a perminant certificate!

The small copy I cut out, signed & laminated like the old FAA certificates. But there is this big diaploma size copy on the same page. I got a spot on the wall picked out in between by high school diploma & college degree for this great award, HaHa!

Last edited:
Ey motherland! What is the average time you saw you FCC in the mail?

I wonder if they would fax you a temporary copy?

Wow...

...this entire process is completely unnecessary.

Ordered on the 6th in my mailbox by the 11th. Not bad considering there was a weekend in the middle of those dates:)

And the rep on the phone was really nice.

its been awhile sice i have looked at this thread. I am glad i could provide some help to everyone! just stoping in to to see if it was still helping people out, and say your welcome to all of you who said thanks!

on a side note i got my medical back after 5years and 2months so now i can acutally use my stupid FCC Lic!!

its been awhile sice i have looked at this thread. I am glad i could provide some help to everyone! just stoping in to to see if it was still helping people out, and say your welcome to all of you who said thanks!

on a side note i got my medical back after 5years and 2months so now i can acutally use my stupid FCC Lic!!

Awesome!

Thanks jetman.

I had gone to the FCC website but got stumped by the radio service list.

Your directions got me through.

Leave it to Flightinfo to be an awesome resource as usual.

Thanks everybody....

P.S. Congrats on getting your medical back!!!

Does anyone still have the old yellow copy you put your name on and that was it (not to mention free) circa 1982?

Thanks

Just thought I'd give this helpful thread a bump.

I was stuck on the part of which type of license to apply for.

I was trying to choose an (AR) Aviation Raidonavigation and not a (RR)

Thanks again!

Oh and damn $60. I think it was only $10 back in 1992 when I got my PPL. I should have applied back then.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back