• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FCC Radio License

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think there's a procedure for it when you go through the steps listed on the last page. I think you need your FRN number though...

Beechnut - When you figure it out - please send the info my way ok? I have a scanned picture of it from 1986 - but have NO idea where it currently is.

Baja.

BTW - Does it REALLY cost $55? I thought it was free.?.?.?.?.....

Beechnut - When you figure it out - please send the info my way ok? I have a scanned picture of it from 1986 - but have NO idea where it currently is.

Baja.

BTW - Does it REALLY cost $55? I thought it was free.?.?.?.?.....

Hey there bud, used to be free, now it's just another buck for Uncle Sam! Good luck dude...

Yeah, mail the form in. I did the whole thing today. It's a big pain in the ass I know.

Or, call FCC and they will walk you thru the whole process.

All the best.
FD

I don't think you are supposed to mail in the printed copy of FCC605. It says in bold letters on the top of the first page, "REFERENCE COPY ONLY. DO NOT MAIL TO THE FCC AS AN APPLICATION." I think its pretty clear not to mail in the printed version. FCC form 605 is submitted electronically anyway, why would you also mail it in? Do what you want though.

I have dual Canadian and US citizenship... I live in Canada. I tried all the above steps and it seems to not like Canadian addresses... not able to have it sent to Canada. It struck me as I was filling it all out... do I need one to fly into Canada part 121 when I am Canadian.. I have my Canadian Radio Telphonic permit (or whatever it is called)..the one I needed to operate a radio (even an airplane's one).. DO I NEED ONE? I'd appreciate the help..thanks.

U don't need the radio station permit in the US; it's only when WE go to other countries that it is required. Your Canadian one works anywhere in the world.

It must be one of the stupidest, most obsolete rules still lingering in the regulatory books around the world. Serves no purpose except to employ government employees worldwide. ICAO needs to get rid of the GD requirement.

C

I don't think you are supposed to mail in the printed copy of FCC605. It says in bold letters on the top of the first page, "REFERENCE COPY ONLY. DO NOT MAIL TO THE FCC AS AN APPLICATION." I think its pretty clear not to mail in the printed version. FCC form 605 is submitted electronically anyway, why would you also mail it in? Do what you want though.

You are correct, if one pays via credit card you don't mail in Form 159, it is reference only. I called FCC just to be sure.

Thanks for this helpful gouge. The site is difficult to navigate at the beginning and being able to refer to this info. was great. As another said, once you get registered and have your FRN registration number, it isn't that hard.

$60 down the drain.......

I've heard of guys filling out the forms online on the fcc website and simply printing it out on their own printer. Anyone heard this before?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back