FBOs with best crew cars?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cheyenne ...
We were there last month. They have a wicked old Lincoln they call the "Stinkin' Lincoln". It's a beater for sure - you put a window down, it ain't coming up. Get to where you're going, the driver has to get out and walk around to let the right seat pax out.
Had some fun in that ride! :D

My favorite (read most usefull) was in Rifle, Colorado. Early 80s Suburban 4x4. That vehicle took me through many back "high" country dirt and mud roads. Of course, my crewmates thought I'd lost my mind but they got to see parts of Colorado most never will! Too bad we don't go there anymore as I miss those jaunts!

Back in the early 90s Page in DTW had an old Ford station wagon. You'd get your feet we driving in the rain!

At the end of the day, if it has four wheels and runs, it's ok by me!

Pella, Iowa had a Police Squad car a while back. Even still had the single big red light on top (1960's model). Pretty cool buzzing around town in that one.

Also, Coffeyville, KS had a Hurse - again it was like a 1960's model. That was friggen weird.

nicest: Raytheon Jet Center in Tampa. Brand new licoln towncars and cadillac devilles. The towncars have adjustable gas and brake pedals and nice comfy plush seats........

beater of the century: Lamar Colorado. 1978 Dodge station wagon. Big ramming bumpers. Paper mache on the fenders to hold them together. Shag carpeting, state of the art 8-track player with AM radio. Turn the steering wheel 90 degrees, wait a block or two, then hold on.....good times:beer:

Millionaire ADS - Jag and Navigator

Best ever - Safford, AZ - old beat up white station wagon with CHROME SPINNING RIMS... tape deck with a mix of 80's music already in it, haha. I pulled up to Subway in it and a bunch of people walking out the door almost fell over laughing.

I was in MO, someplace, can't remember, and the car was an official county car, no drive. Leave it in 2nd. Reverse it had to think about, for a long time, and then when it started to move, it didn't like it.

The best was in NY, again someplace I can't remember, there was no crew car, the only food was a vending machine, and some nice lady loaned us her new SUV so we could get lunch.

There's a Millionaire out in CA that has PT Cruisers (I can't remember where; maybe Thermal or Palm Springs).

Then there's Poisonwell Nebraska's Cornhole Aviation's 25-year old station wagon with broken AC, missing knob on the radio tuner, door that doesn't close completely, and sounds like a Sherman Tank comin' over the hill to relieve Bastogne! (and drives like one too!).

Back in the day AHN Athens, GA had a beater Impala but it had a Govt. Plate and you could park the thing anywhere you wanted. No tickets.

Latest resources

Back