• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FBOs with best crew cars?

Venice, FL Viper

Venice, FL FBO had a fairly new Viper that you could take out. The only bad thing was is that they made you sign a two page liability document saying you were responsible for EVERYTHING if something should happen.

Not sure if they still have it or not....haven't been down there in quite some time.

I stayed a week in Louisiana back in the 1980s, the FBO had 3 or 4 restored Mustangs, all were in pristine condition & the newest one was a 1968. I don't remember the town, but it could of been Monroe, La.

I stayed a week in Louisiana back in the 1980s, the FBO had 3 or 4 restored Mustangs, all were in pristine condition & the newest one was a 1968. I don't remember the town, but it could of been Monroe, La.

Funny you should mention Monroe, LA. As of late, the FBO there has a great conversion van that looks to have been acquired from a church. It was great for when we had two or three T-1 crews going in there and needed to head into town to grab lunch. It was tough to keep the thing running at idle... had a guy stall it out on train tracks once. The middle seat tended to tip forward when braking (whether or not it was occupied). And it would usually run for a few seconds after turning off the key and it would give off overwhelming fumes in her final moments.

Definately no restored Mustang, but it got us to the Danken Trail for some awesome BBQ.

Just stay away from those small public airfeilds in, I think, Kentucky. I flew down there to drop off a Yak-52 that my buddy was selling. We stopped at this public feild and used their car to go get lunch. Holy crap. I think it was one of their, no longer in service, plow trucks. I dont think we got the thing going any faster then 30mph and that was down hill.

It did have a killer amber rotator the size of a five gallon bucket on the top.

Those memories still haunt me.....

Latest resources

Back