FBI investigating Skywest and CAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Perturbed

Heard a bit of info about a possible investigation of Skywest and Cal by the FBI! This is crazy....apparently there may have been some dirty dealing involved in the Skywest offer for Express Jet last year......Wow!

I don't know anything about shorting stocks, but it has something to do with shorting shares and offshore accounts.

Well, XJT share price is down 98 percent since the buyout offer, so I guess it makes a little bit of sense. Still seems crazy, but I guess when it comes to business people do risky things.

I think if there were any truth to this rumor, the SEC (securities and exchange commission) would probably be doing the investigation-at least until something more serious turned up.

i agree. matters such as this involves the SEC.

wheres your 411 coming from?

If anything, Ream and the BOD are looking for an excuse and someone to blame, investors are pissed they saw the value of shares go from $3.50 to the equivalent of $.10 (split adjusted).

Doesn't the SEC regulate, and the FBI investigate? I'm not sure, but I think thats how it goes.

The SEC does do investigations, if they find wrongdoing they can take administrative action (like the FAA) or sue the rule-breaker in civil court.

If they find criminal behavior, the FBI or other LE would get involved.

Heard a bit of info about a possible investigation of Skywest and Cal by the FBI! This is crazy....apparently there may have been some dirty dealing involved in the Skywest offer for Express Jet last year......Wow!

I don't know anything about shorting stocks, but it has something to do with shorting shares and offshore accounts.

Well, XJT share price is down 98 percent since the buyout offer, so I guess it makes a little bit of sense. Still seems crazy, but I guess when it comes to business people do risky things.

This brings up a good question, what is your favorite lure for early season bass sitting on nests?

W

Latest resources

Back