FBI investigating Skywest and CAL?

Perturbed

Total Time
Heard a bit of info about a possible investigation of Skywest and Cal by the FBI! This is crazy....apparently there may have been some dirty dealing involved in the Skywest offer for Express Jet last year......Wow!

I don't know anything about shorting stocks, but it has something to do with shorting shares and offshore accounts.

Well, XJT share price is down 98 percent since the buyout offer, so I guess it makes a little bit of sense. Still seems crazy, but I guess when it comes to business people do risky things.

crj567

I think if there were any truth to this rumor, the SEC (securities and exchange commission) would probably be doing the investigation-at least until something more serious turned up.

J.Otto

Total Time
i agree. matters such as this involves the SEC.

wheres your 411 coming from?

s.o.sJTB

Total Time
If anything, Ream and the BOD are looking for an excuse and someone to blame, investors are pissed they saw the value of shares go from $3.50 to the equivalent of $.10 (split adjusted).

Captain Morgan

Total Time
-
Doesn't the SEC regulate, and the FBI investigate? I'm not sure, but I think thats how it goes.

rickair7777

Total Time
Lots
Doesn't the SEC regulate, and the FBI investigate? I'm not sure, but I think thats how it goes.
The SEC does do investigations, if they find wrongdoing they can take administrative action (like the FAA) or sue the rule-breaker in civil court.

If they find criminal behavior, the FBI or other LE would get involved.

Dubya

Part time genius
Total Time
Heard a bit of info about a possible investigation of Skywest and Cal by the FBI! This is crazy....apparently there may have been some dirty dealing involved in the Skywest offer for Express Jet last year......Wow!

I don't know anything about shorting stocks, but it has something to do with shorting shares and offshore accounts.

Well, XJT share price is down 98 percent since the buyout offer, so I guess it makes a little bit of sense. Still seems crazy, but I guess when it comes to business people do risky things.

This brings up a good question, what is your favorite lure for early season bass sitting on nests?

W

Moustache

Total Time
Bunch
You guys know everything....are you pilots?

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
The SEC does do investigations, if they find wrongdoing they can take administrative action (like the FAA) or sue the rule-breaker in civil court.
Like Bernie Madoff? Yeah, they were all over that!!!

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
Like Bernie Madoff? Yeah, they were all over that!!!
The SEC attorneys are understaffed, overworked and underpaid. there's also less prestige compared to "big law" in the private sector. The hoofs of "big money" run deceptive circles around them.

CoATP

Total Time
10k+
I thought I was wrong once, but was mistaken.

Captain Morgan

Total Time
-

If they find criminal behavior, the FBI or other LE would get involved.
Gotcha... thanks.

Nevets

Total Time

Well, I don't know about that. CAL did pay SKW millions after the deal was turned down by the XJT MEC. But I do know that what SKW wanted to do to the XJT pilots was borderline criminal.:p

If anything, Ream and the BOD are looking for an excuse and someone to blame, investors are pissed they saw the value of shares go from $3.50 to the equivalent of $.10 (split adjusted).
With the conditions SKW placed on the offer, Ream nor the XJT BOD had the final say on the deal. It was the XJT MEC who turned down the deal. Not saying they aren't looking for excuses and someone to blame for the share price though.;)

Last edited:

ePilot22

BuyTheTicket~TakeTheRide
Total Time
nfinit
The pilots are understaffed, overworked and underpaid. there's also less prestige compared to "big jet" in the mainline sector. The hoofs of "management" run deceptive circles around them.
Fixed.

eP.

flyboyzii

This is like Romper Room
Total Time
tens
Are you sure the FBI isn't investigating where Skywest gets all of those smokin' hot female flight attendants?? I think the whole Sky-CAL thing is a cover.

Dubya

Part time genius
Total Time
Are you sure the FBI isn't investigating where Skywest gets all of those smokin' hot female flight attendants?? I think the whole Sky-CAL thing is a cover.

Umm...hellloooo? The Compound.:erm:

W

flyboyzii

This is like Romper Room
Total Time
tens
Ha!!! Well, as a pilot who used to overnight in Salt Lake many many times....I must say that there are gorgeous women everywhere there. I can't wait to get back up to the Northwest someday.