• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FBI investigating Skywest and CAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought I was wrong once, but was mistaken.

Heard a bit of info about a possible investigation of Skywest and Cal by the FBI! This is crazy....apparently there may have been some dirty dealing involved in the Skywest offer for Express Jet last year......Wow!

I don't know anything about shorting stocks, but it has something to do with shorting shares and offshore accounts.

Well, XJT share price is down 98 percent since the buyout offer, so I guess it makes a little bit of sense. Still seems crazy, but I guess when it comes to business people do risky things.

Well, I don't know about that. CAL did pay SKW millions after the deal was turned down by the XJT MEC. But I do know that what SKW wanted to do to the XJT pilots was borderline criminal.:p

If anything, Ream and the BOD are looking for an excuse and someone to blame, investors are pissed they saw the value of shares go from $3.50 to the equivalent of $.10 (split adjusted).

With the conditions SKW placed on the offer, Ream nor the XJT BOD had the final say on the deal. It was the XJT MEC who turned down the deal. Not saying they aren't looking for excuses and someone to blame for the share price though.;)

Last edited:
Are you sure the FBI isn't investigating where Skywest gets all of those smokin' hot female flight attendants?? I think the whole Sky-CAL thing is a cover.

Are you sure the FBI isn't investigating where Skywest gets all of those smokin' hot female flight attendants?? I think the whole Sky-CAL thing is a cover.

Umm...hellloooo? The Compound.:erm:

W

Ha!!! Well, as a pilot who used to overnight in Salt Lake many many times....I must say that there are gorgeous women everywhere there. I can't wait to get back up to the Northwest someday.

Latest resources

Back