Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favoritism at Colgan is how you get days off and upgrade!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There has been a lot of talk about the Colgan Pilot Group over the last few weeks. One of the major concerns, which we would like to discuss, is our loyalty. Our loyalty is with the pilots. There are rumors circulating that we were asked to do this by the company, and that they are the ones financing us. We started this pilot group with $6.95, and it started because of all the negativity we were hearing from pilots regarding the possibility of becoming unionized. Colgan management has nothing to do with us. Nobody elected the board, we are just pilots who had the initiative to start something that a lot of people wanted. We will move out of the way and let anyone else do the job for us, as long as our objectives are the same.

I'm not sure which is worse. Pilots who are management appointed or pilots who are self appointed. The later is certainly the most hazardous.

If you want to be the voice of your pilot group and you are indeed the most qualified and motivated you will have no problem being the victor in your ALPA MEC elections.

the objection is 2%. That is what it all comes down to. if ALPA was free every single person there would rush to sign up

the objection is 2%. That is what it all comes down to. if ALPA was free every single person there would rush to sign up

That 2% seems mighty small when your career is on the line. ALPA is worth every penny.

ALPA?? Seriously? Is that the end-all? What do you think their all about anyway? Helping small regional companies like Colgan? I'm quite sure they couldn't care less about Colgan when it comes to PCL trying to give it to the Saab/Beech guys in the ass...so long as PCL pilots keep paying their dues. Grant it, legal protection could be nice..give the committee a slight chance. Better to have ALPA to fall back on if 5x5 and "his" committee fall through than to be in a Union saying, "********************...we screwed THIS up."

Don't think ALPA's going to save your ass for one second. They are still a money making entity (though the propaganda I keep getting keeps saying otherwise), just like your management at Colgan and Pinnacle.

P.S. And how many of your buddies at Eagle or Mesa have guys like Leroy helping your ass out in a jam? Seriously, that man performs some miracles if you're not a complete jerkoff..

[quote And how many of your buddies at Eagle or Mesa have guys like Leroy helping your ass out in a jam? Seriously, that man performs some miracles if you're not a complete jerkoff..[/quote]

Leroy is the shiznit.

Who set up this web site anyway. It looks more like the Colgans set it up with the link to unionfacts.com in the lower right hand corner. Sounds a little fishy.

I'm not sure which is worse. Pilots who are management appointed or pilots who are self appointed. The later is certainly the most hazardous.

If you want to be the voice of your pilot group and you are indeed the most qualified and motivated you will have no problem being the victor in your ALPA MEC elections.

I think it is appointed management pilots who say they are self appointed...

ALPA?? Seriously? Is that the end-all? What do you think their all about anyway? Helping small regional companies like Colgan? I'm quite sure they couldn't care less about Colgan when it comes to PCL trying to give it to the Saab/Beech guys in the ass...so long as PCL pilots keep paying their dues. Grant it, legal protection could be nice..give the committee a slight chance. Better to have ALPA to fall back on if 5x5 and "his" committee fall through than to be in a Union saying, "********************...we screwed THIS up."

Don't think ALPA's going to save your ass for one second. They are still a money making entity (though the propaganda I keep getting keeps saying otherwise), just like your management at Colgan and Pinnacle.

P.S. And how many of your buddies at Eagle or Mesa have guys like Leroy helping your ass out in a jam? Seriously, that man performs some miracles if you're not a complete jerkoff..

Why not mention Calm Air and Bearskin Airlines in canada... small alpa presented pilot groups...

I think Deleware does real good using the US DOD for its national security....

"P.S. And how many of your buddies at Eagle or Mesa have guys like Leroy helping your ass out in a jam? Seriously, that man performs some miracles if you're not a complete jerkoff.."

That is the problem right there. There should not be any leroy miracles if u r or not a 'jerkoff'. How many times has Leroy called u at 2 am and said "yo man u should have plenty of rest you are now flying for the early show."

Excuse me? But if that is a miracle pal you need to rethink your religion!

Latest resources

Back