Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Favoritism at Colgan is how you get days off and upgrade!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TD upgrade before others because he had the total time and they didnt.
What a load of rubbish. I was hired on with thousands of hours (all of it PIC) when I was told that my upgrade would be 8 months. 5x5 upgraded at 10 months (or so) because he did the donut and fruit basket trick while he was based at the Kremlin. Grant it, he busted his hump, but he bypassed a LOT of qualified--MORE qualified--pilots on that list. Favoritism (and the opposite thereof) rules the company. If they know you, you're either in or out (depending on why they know you).

Shy

new rules

New scheduling company, same as Pinnacle, on property soon. We need ALPA boys. Plain and simple.

There has been a lot of talk about the Colgan Pilot Group over the last few weeks. One of the major concerns, which we would like to discuss, is our loyalty. Our loyalty is with the pilots. There are rumors circulating that we were asked to do this by the company, and that they are the ones financing us. We started this pilot group with $6.95, and it started because of all the negativity we were hearing from pilots regarding the possibility of becoming unionized. Colgan management has nothing to do with us. Nobody elected the board, we are just pilots who had the initiative to start something that a lot of people wanted. We will move out of the way and let anyone else do the job for us, as long as our objectives are the same. We are currently in the process of drafting a proposal to present to management. These demands were compiled from the requests we have received from pilots. Once we have finished, it will be on the website for further pilot revision, and approval. It is important that you check the website often. Within the next few days, there will be extremely urgent information which concerns the entire pilot group, posted on the website. Keep the requests coming and we thank you for your support.

Would anyone from the colganpilotgroup.com care to elaborate on their planned response if management decides not make any "consessions" to their "demands"??? We're listening and awaiting your response...

Alpa

The problem with the proposed pilot group is they have no legal right to negotiate on our behalf as ALPA would. ALPA gives us a legally binding contract with a grievance procedure and so much more.

the MILLION $$$$$$$$$ question that nobody is answering from that camp is

Why they think the Colgan's will bargain anything with them?

340SAM:

The point about Colgan going down the list is not true. Ask a certain VP of the pilot group how he upgraded so quick....he will even tell you that he hounded them all the time (not a bad idea!) I can't blame him, it worked! Or how about pushing females through the ride....Umm that happens a lot. What about BS PC checks? Not a company guy,,,, guess what you fail!

We don't need favors we need safety and standards. We need equality and enforeable regulations. I don't need any favors from screw schedulers they are evil and trick people to do things, they are cheap and will not pay you.

Latest resources

Back