Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FA's Contract Trumps Captain's Authority Over Cabin JSer's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

k_EAT=ho_ME

Closet User...shhhh!
A manager recently claimed that FA's at a certain major had a provision in their CBA limiting the number of otherwise approved Cabin Only JSer's that the Captain could authorize. Rationale was to limit the amount of extra non-rev work for the cabin crew. Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

I never personally experienced this over the year that I Cabin Only jumped with this particular airline.

I know some carriers limit the number of JSer's, even if there are seats available in back, but is this due to FA CBA's?

k_EAT=ho_ME said:
Rationale was to limit the amount of extra non-rev work for the cabin crew.

Can she start #2, to limit the amount of non-announcement work for the flight deck crew?

It's not AirTran, And the additional jumpseat charge is 25$ not 50. We, the pilot group do not agree with the charge. I have not seen a gate agent charge a 2nd jumpseat fee in a while. I am a commuter, I would gladly pay 25$ for a seat on another airline.

fletch717 said:
It's not AirTran, And the additional jumpseat charge is 25$ not 50. We, the pilot group do not agree with the charge. I have not seen a gate agent charge a 2nd jumpseat fee in a while. I am a commuter, I would gladly pay 25$ for a seat on another airline.

I assume this is a company thing? Question is do FA CBA's have anything to say about jumpseaters riding in the back?

No, the FA's have absolutely no say who jumpseats on AirTran.

Latest resources

Back